What To Do? GX or Taco

lexwoody

Adventurer
I havnt yet install my spacers up front or adjusted the height sensor. I fitted the tires with stock height and no rubbing at all.
3302252943_48bc3fca00.jpg

Here is the link for the VSC off switch. Remember that this is a ground mod. Tap into the wire! Dont cut! And make sure when you connect to a swith that the source for this is ground. No positive connection.

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3817&page=4

I will read back a little in the thread to make sure of things.

The watching the movies up front. Do you have the factory rear dvd system already install?

TexGX

Explorer
lexwoody,

Thanks for the link. I do have the factory rear dvd system option. I did not want the option, but they had my GX on the lot with all the options I did want, so I was able to get a better deal then if I ordered one. I do thank that I might use it if I arrange the rear so I can sleep in it. Keep me updated on the lift. I am planning on moving one size up in tire. I figured with new bumpers I would elimanate most of the rubbing points.

TexGX

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck

TexGX

Explorer
I like it, but it could have looked better. I hope to have the same off-road capability. I would rather use spacer then start cuting and weldign things.

TexGX

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I like it, but it could have looked better. I hope to have the same off-road capability. I would rather use spacer then start cuting and weldign things.

TexGX
What you're talking about is the front end lift, where they cut the front strut and welded in a new spacer. I can understand your hesitation, but I did think that was pretty slick.

\
129_0407_10z+lexus_gx470+shocks_spacer.jpg

129_0407_11z+lexus_gx470+front_suspension_view.jpg

TexGX

Explorer
There is a guy on another forum that used a spacer to do the same thing. I like the spacer idea better. I will try that first. He also told me how to modify the rear to ride higher.

TexGX

lexwoody

Adventurer
I thought about cutting and welding and the guys on www.toyota120.com says that is a bad idea. Spacers are easlier and adjusted the rear height sensor. A plus is that the rear willl maintain that height also. I think one day if I decide if I going to get the new LC200 and outfiting that or the GX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12