Where can I find a decent 7-way plug?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
The 7 pin round could work, it just needs a few improvements. It needs O-ring sealing, from and rear, and it needs a proper latch. Other than that, the actual spade construction seems fine to me.

James86004

Expedition Leader
It turns out I already have a removable trailer lead. There is an 8 pin connector on the trailer tongue, and the trailer end has a nice snap-on cover on it. I never looked closely at it before.

Robert Bills

Explorer
I am currently using a 6-pin coiled cable (no trailer brakes on my Bantam T3-C yet). It has male connectors on each end that mate to female connectors on the trailer and tow rig. 7-pin versions are available, as well as different color cables (mine is red). Here is a photo that I found by googling "coiled trailer cable." I bought mine at my local trailer supply.

9000_tab.jpg

socaljeeper

Adventurer
I like think I am going to change to this set up on my trailer. Right now I have about 4-5 feet of cable coming from the front of the trailer that connects to the back of the jeep. This way I can disconnect the cable and stick it into the tongue box and not worry about the risk of any damage.

I am currently using a 6-pin coiled cable (no trailer brakes on my Bantam T3-C yet). It has male connectors on each end that mate to female connectors on the trailer and tow rig. 7-pin versions are available, as well as different color cables (mine is red). Here is a photo that I found by googling "coiled trailer cable." I bought mine at my local trailer supply.

9000_tab.jpg

rvproplug

Another Solution

Pro Plug has a solution to leaving a trailer cord and plug out in the weather, check out them out at www.rvproplug.com go to the Installation tab, then click on Applications on the left, second to the bottom picture has a nice setup with a coiled cord. Store the cord inside when not in use, also not a huge theft deterent but when would a trailer most likely get lifted, kind of a giveaway with no lights working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior