Where's all the silverado's?.......

Prflyer

Observer
Nothing fancy, and 2wd to boot. But it gets the job done, and it's paid for :)

'98 Silverado 3 door ext cab, short bed. 5.7 with 75K miles. 30x9.5 BFG AT's on stock alloys. Load up the kids and some firewood and we're good for a few days or a week.

Here's a shot from last weekend off the Bradshaw trail, part way up Augustine Pass.

100_6537.jpg

Gabe

Gabe, just pick up one exactly like yours and thought I never see one in here, gives me ideas!

Dan

DirtRoads

Observer
One more to the list, an abused tow rig and mobile work shop/power tool. Its a 2002 5.3 with a few more things that weren't there when these pictures were taken. I ripped off the nerf bars (some extreme offroading :smiley_drive:) and took off the trim badges. Also picked up an 8274 for $325 and a few new parts. I have an xd900i that goes on the back when things get interesting.

It's got cranked bars, a sweet stereo, k&n, lights, cb, line-x, flowmasters, a hi lift and some other usless things but I love it and it makes me smile :victory:

Apologies for the bad pictures,
Drew

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    735.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    830.6 KB · Views: 139

timh

Explorer
Here mine...2000 3/4 ton 4x4. I don't wheel it much since it rides like a brick, but it is one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. I have put 6 years of hard towing on it with vurtually no problems!:wings:

DSC02716.jpg

BadChevyZ-71

My Z-71 clean....

p3160002.jpg

Playing at one of the local mud holes.

z71lawtey.png

I'm currently in the process of planning out on how i'm going to make this truck a expedition rig like alot of the other trucks on this website.

85K54WC

It is a Silverado

Attachments

• 85K54WC.jpg
    85K54WC.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Blazer lift 4.jpg
    Blazer lift 4.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

fastring

2500hd

2500hd:
- in baja for baja 1k (Nov 2009)
- on mojave trail
- in my driveway.

Mods:
- Made front bumper
- Made rear bumper/swing away
- Made sliders
- cut rear bed

240k miles, 6.0 auto 4.10s. Ex-union pacific railroad truck, had the wheels to allow it to drive on the rail, got it for $3900 on ebay last year.

Attachments

• DSC_1939.JPG
    DSC_1939.JPG
    712.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG00372.jpg
    IMG00372.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_2076.JPG
    DSC_2076.JPG
    708.9 KB · Views: 157
  • PB080009.JPG
    PB080009.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 195

85K54WC

Blazer and FWC

Thanks Edohart and Larry. I like this setup too. I had a FWC a few years ago and loved it. My wife wanted more cabinet space so I bought a Lance. Couldn't get it off road so when I saw this set up I couldn't pass it up. I camp on the Smoky Hill river in Western Kansas for three months in the spring and two months in the fall. I have some health issues (work accident ten months before my retirement date), and the dryer climate is what initially drew me to that country.

Now I am lucky enough to camp on a large ranch and fossil hunt, metal detect and watch the prettiest sunsets in the world. My camps are on private ground so I get to see lots of beautiful chalk formations that no one but the land owners get to enjoy.

The land is historic to an extreme. The country is large, wide open and it has its own spirit, sometimes good, sometimes malevolent. You can feel the history when out there.

Would love to post some pictures but can't for a couple reasons. My computer crashed about a month ago and I lost all my photos from this last season. I did save some that I had posted on sites but don't know how to post them here. What the hell is a url and where do you find it on a photo. You see, my computer skills are lacking, when the machine works it is great but when it doesn't I just want to walk out my front door and throw it in the lake.

I am in process of building an off road trailer from an m416 and my plans are to try and stay in the valley for thirty days before resupplying. It is thirty miles to the closest grocery store and fifty miles to a larger town where I can refill propane bottles. So it is a 100 mile drive to get supplies. I have been making these trips since 2006, most of the time I run out of water in about ten days to two weeks. This trailer will expand my stays.

If you can help me post pictures and your interested I would lilke to show the country out in Western Kansas.

Would you please tell me of your camping adventures.

lstzephyr

wanderer
Would love to post some pictures but can't for a couple reasons. My computer crashed about a month ago and I lost all my photos from this last season. I did save some that I had posted on sites but don't know how to post them here. What the hell is a url and where do you find it on a photo. You see, my computer skills are lacking, when the machine works it is great but when it doesn't I just want to walk out my front door and throw it in the lake.

Would you please tell me of your camping adventures.

Bummer about the work accident but it sounds like you are making the most of life anyway.

On the pics right click them and it will tell you the url of the picture. example: www.tinypic.com/whatever, copy that(right click, copy) then take that and click the icon that looks like a yellow envelope with a mountain at the bottom and paste it in the window that pops up(right click, paste) make sure "http" is only on there once. Hope that makes sense.

Goodluck, feel free to pm me if you need more help with pics.

boellis87

Observer
Not really expedition ready, but it's taken me some pretty interesting places.
Just glad to see some other silverados on a site like this. Thought I was gonna sell it and get a diesel, but I've decided to keep it and do an sas with expedition style travel and a do-it-all mentality in mind.

blackhouse3.jpg
[/IMG]
blackhouse2.jpg
[/IMG]
blackhouse1.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears