Where's all the silverado's?.......

stimpy13

Observer
Nothing special yet just a 2008 Sierra w/leveling kit ILC spray in liner. Tires and other to come this summer after I buy my wife a new house.
005-5.jpg

deminimis

Explorer
Here I am
m

Superhitch install this weekend. Cognito leveling kit and Transfer Flow Mid Ship tank in the immediate future.

boellis87

Observer
baca327, sweet truck! It looks like it means business. I'm planning to get rid of most the crome on mine in the future and I have always liked the work truck grill. Black steelies are in the works for me too, maybe the Black Rocks with the matte finish. Nice "hidden" lights there too. Any future plans?

baca327

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliment, its come a long way. I wasn't too fond of the grill till i painted the bowtie and cut out the small plastic grill pieces then it kinda grew on me and the lights i originally had on the bumper but that was really tacky so I mounted em behind the grill. I am gonna get some 315/75r16 and a leveling kit soon but after I get back from my next deployment it will be getting a HP Dana 44, that's the plan anyway. I was gonna get a 6in IFS lift but for a less than a thousand dollars more I can throw a solid axle under there. By the way your trucks looking pretty sweet too. Any more plans for yours?

boellis87

Observer
Thanks man. That's a good plan. I can tell you from experience that doing it right the first time is the best way to go. My ifs lift has been surprisingly capable and has worked fine for what I've wanted to do so far, but I'm about to tear it all out and do the sas thing too. At the time I was in high school and thought about doing the swap but didn't think I should tear into my dd like that. I spent 2 grand on the lift alone and it has never quite had the look I wanted but like I said it's worked fine. Man do I wish I could get my 2 grand back though. My swap will include the radius arm kit from Cage (now essentially Bloody Knuckle Garage), a hp dana 60, aam 11.5, np241, deaver rear springs, etc. I've got the 60, the aam is mine I just haven't picked it up yet, the 241 shouldn't be hard to find, and I'm just waiting for BKG to get their website up so I can order the kit. I almost panicked when I saw that Cage had gone out of business, but I found out that Jim Cole, who is behind all the products anyway, will now be producing all the same products under a different company name. All in all, it will be more expensive to do it this way, but I will be getting exactly what I want. Glad to hear your upgrading the tires as that was the first thing I thought of to finish off the look. FWIW, I've got the old style BFG M/T's and have almost 53,000 miles on them. If it wasn't for a bad alignment on one wheel, I'd get 60,000 out of 'em (I have rotated regularly though). If the new KM2's are anything close, I'd definitely recommend them. Not everybody gets that many miles, but on our lightweight trucks, they last ridiculously long for a mud tire.

blackdog

Observer
I am guessing a Sierra is close enough to a Silverado

My GMC is gone now and I REALLY miss it. Great truck. I have a Ford now and it is a POS in comparison.

354670156_K3ANN-L.jpg

Custom Bumper:

354669445_RLam8-L.jpg

Kickin' it in Baja for 5 weeks:

269333422_oeDom-L.jpg

Boondocking in Los Barillos
269336965_24NN8-L.jpg

Headed to Gonzaga Bay from the South
269366914_iNCqV-L.jpg

The Sierra was comfortable, fast, handled great and NEVER let me down. It is definitely missed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears