White Rim Trail Trip Report

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
img8900hd.jpg

Earlier this month we ran White Rim trail in Canyonlands NP. We were fortunate enough to get a cold front storm come in that dumped some snow on the ground transforming this already beautiful place into a stunning winter wonderland. In my opinion, we couldn't of had any better weather.

Happy Holidays from the Duo!

Full report here: www.adventureduo.com

Ramjet

Explorer
Epic! I've been wanting to do WR for a few years now. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Great pictures especially the fresh snow scenery!! Thanks. The one time I did the trail was about 6 years ago in February. We woke up to 2" of snow after camping out at Potato Bottoms the last night. Sure was pretty but we got the heck out of there fast too as we worried about muddy, slick trails as the sun was out. Thanks again for your fine photos.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Wonderful trip report as usual. Thank you. If the Duo ever gets into Eastern Oregon or Western Idaho, give BLT (us) a shout and we will share a campfire some time. :)
If you are passing through, I'd be more than happy to show you around the fire station if you are into that kind of stuff.

ANDYROO

Adventurer
Thanks for the trip report....great timing as we're heading to Moab, Canyonlands and Arches for the Holiday Season:wings:

mkitchen

Explorer
Wonderful trip report as usual. Thank you. If the Duo ever gets into Eastern Oregon or Western Idaho, give BLT (us) a shout and we will share a campfire some time. :)
If you are passing through, I'd be more than happy to show you around the fire station if you are into that kind of stuff.

Not trying to steal the thread but where are you in eastern OR? I used to live in Drewsey, actually about 25 miles north of Drewsey and right up against the Malheur Forest. Any where near where you are at?
Mikey

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Not trying to steal the thread but where are you in eastern OR? I used to live in Drewsey, actually about 25 miles north of Drewsey and right up against the Malheur Forest. Any where near where you are at?
Mikey
You were not far away. I'm in Ontario. Did lots of work on the Bentz ranch. Know them?

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I have done the WRT and it is one of the most scenic roads you can do,which brings me to your awesome pictures with the snow storm; you guys are studs!

I am missing your trailer for the first time in your picture reports!

mph

Expedition Leader
Glad you had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing! Turn your car east and head back...in the mid 60s there now. Crazy weather!
Thanks for posting a great trip report!

ExpoMike

Man Dave, that was a great report and awesome pics!!! Thanks for putting that together. We SOOOO want to do that trip.

suntinez

Explorer
Incredible pics, UT does not disappoint. One of your best, thanks for finding the time. Can't believe it's 60 degrees there now!

No Dixie AND no trailer? My my my.

Gooseberry

Explorer
I wanted to wait for ADV Duo to post a trip report before posting some pictures.

This is my favorite shot and one that makes you fell small like Dave was saying.
wrtutah2012.jpg

This is the one area that had my nerves on edge. before the new motormounts it would pop out of 4 low in to nuetral and this area had no room for error.

G0070707.jpg

G0080051-1.jpg

G0080053.jpg

Yes this is 8 people in the SMB eating dinner.

DSC_0152.jpg

And Ya Mom did not like the switchbacks

DSC_0085.jpg

STREGA

Explorer
Incredible pics, UT does not disappoint. One of your best, thanks for finding the time. Can't believe it's 60 degrees there now!

No Dixie AND no trailer? My my my.

The NPS does not allow pets in the back country, so Dixie was a no go. The Maze and Needles has the same rule. :(

Last edited:

WeeJeep2

Adventurer
Outstanding photos. Having done it a few years ago towing a trailer with some light scattered summer showers around to make it slick, I can appreciate the pucker factor the snow and ice added to the mix. No trailer and no Dixie, but at least the Trasharoos were well deployed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears