Who has fallen out of their rtt

brentbba

Explorer
Nalgene bottle here wrapped with duct tape to remind me that it's not for drinking! Ladder's not comfortable on bare feet!

java

Expedition Leader
meh never had a problem with the ladder at night. I usually just go outside since my wife gets up anyway.

DrMoab

Explorer
I've had much bigger issues trying to get IN to my tent after a few too many around the campfire.

Scott Brady

Founder
I got drunk enough on Sangria one night in Baja that I only made it half-way into my RTT, my feet still on the ladder, sleeping sound ;)

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I agree with everyone so far. Getting up is the hard part when you're drunk. I usually just jump down when I've had a few and hope for the best. So far it's worked out for me. But mine is on the roof of my SX4, not a lifted jeep, so there's some height difference.

Grebby

Try a hammock:eek:

After a bottle of single malt one evening around the fire I managed to stay in it on the fifth attempt :friday:

Once in I was fine though.

Cheers

Grebby

sassy gopher

I have a friend who is on the smaller side. He uses a hammock. He has mastered bracing himself and flipping it over to drain. I swear one these days he will slip out of the hammock and into the puddle. So far he has been lucky

Bigskyguy1976

Not a problem falling out of the tent. I had a different problem...
Best friend had a remote location wedding. I took my off-road camper with RTT with me. I ended up throwing up late that night (yes I got my head out of the tent). The issue was the next morning. I had to climb down the ladder with vomit all over the rungs.

ah, memory's....

DividingCreek

Explorer
Mine is an ARB- design makes it hard to fall out of but had some wicked trips down the ladder in the dark drunk. I'm 6'5 and 245ish. The ARB ladder tears up my bare feet, picture stepping big guy coming off the ladder, stumbling, stubbing toes, on rocks roots etc, obligatory cursing etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle