Why are most aftermarket wheels so BroDozer?

ITTOG

I am with you guys. I hate all the little "jewels" they put on rims these days. I guess that is why I went with Raptor takeoffs whenever I switched from the factory 20" rims on my F150.

ricoisme26

I too disdain 99% of aftermarket wheels. For F-150, I've always liked these steelies--timeless, functional, understated--all business.

shopping

these are 7 lug wheels from the HDPP F150, not compatible with most F150s. I believe the XL non HDPP trucks did have a similar style steel wheel though that should fit any trim F150

Alloy

Yeah I think I'm just going to check Kijiji for some F150 take offs from a 13th gen, I like the XLT base wheel. If none around in good shape at a good price, steel it is.

Sometimes Bro's just gotta Doze

Ebay is where I picked my take offs from with "make an offer". Ebay shows the shipping and taxes are so it was easy to compare with local prices.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I can't friggin stand fake beadlocks - I'd never run them, it's a personal thing I guess. I'd love to find a set of these for my 2021 Ram 2500:

View attachment 701470

That ROW landcruiser look - I think Stockton wheel does custom, but I don't think they do 17 or 18", but here is a custom set they did for a LC:

View attachment 701471
The ones Stockton are simple but the set you show on the Land Cruiser are split rims. I'm not sure anyone's going to have those unless you're a commercial or big truck user in the U.S.

1642053171903-png.png

nickw

Adventurer
The ones Stockton are simple but the set you show on the Land Cruiser are split rims. I'm not sure anyone's going to have those unless you're a commercial or big truck user in the U.S.

View attachment 701489
Yeah I know those are split rims - the point was the simple design. The older FJ40 rims looked very sim and were not splits, which are all very sim to the 22 series that the dudes on IH8MUD buy....

FROADER

Adventurer
^ Those look like the 22x9 Transporter wheels. They can be found on ebay.

The only other steel wheels that size I know off the top of my head are Detroit Steel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior