Wildlife Photography

Rumpig

Adventurer
i managed to grab a pic of a Cicada on one of our tent ropes whilst away camping over the Xmas / New Year period.........

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I took a couple of flower shots in my backyard after a rainstorm, that was [not] coincidentally right after RobGrey challenged me to pick up my camera again.

IMG_6588-2400-X3.jpg

IMG_6644-2400-X3.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Did I do that?

I can't talk, I've hardly taken a shot in over a year. To interested in electronics these days.

Yes, it was in the electronics thread about Adobe cloud stuff and Lightroom verses Windows 7
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ving-to-cloud-subscription-service-only/page8
It's not the same but one thing I love about macro photography is that you don't have to go very far, even the back yard or local park has plenty of subjects. And it gives you a good excuse to lurk in the bushes :)

Thanks, I needed the push.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
EnigmaDSM, you nailed that dragonfly shot. Seems you were a bit to close on the flower shot. Pull back, focus, and then crop in post!

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Good shots everyone. We are having something of a heatwave here in Oz, 42C here today so I thought you'd like to see how the locals cool off.

140103QP2O0048.jpg

That's the bird bath he's sitting in, the birds had to make do elsewhere for a while :)

We call this guy "Notch" (check the ears), he's a bit of a character, he spends a large part of the day just hanging around the truck or under one of the containers. Maybe I should buy him a Jacuzzi.

schunkb

Observer
Not up to par with any of you fine folks, but this one is pretty special to me. First Brookie I caught with my Grandfather's ol' Wright and McGill Bamboo rod after he passed last year. The trout swam away just fine, btw. :)

20130704_115548.jpg

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Not up to par with any of you fine folks, but this one is pretty special to me. First Brookie I caught with my Grandfather's ol' Wright and McGill Bamboo rod after he passed last year. The trout swam away just fine, btw. :)

View attachment 205009
I like your fine photo. It is special. A beautiful brookie, white wild geranium, and a nice fly rod. Thanks for posting.

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
One place I would love to go, but I believe it's too restrictive these days, IE you have to have a guide and be on a tour.

Pathfinder

Adventurer
One must also stay on the path. And not be on land before sunrise or after sunset. Yada yada

Nonetheless, the Galapagos Islands are a great experience. A magical place.

Galapagos%20land%20iguana%201000200-L.jpg

seal_with_crab-7519-L.jpg

Galapagos%20bird%20-8361-L.jpg

If you are a SCUBA diver, the underwater scenery and wildlife is just superb, truly a bucket list destination for diving photographers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle