Winch bumper

huntsonora

Explorer
Benc, this is a 1st gen tundra that has an ARB for a 100 series on it. There were some minor modifications made to brackets to get it to mount. Do you think your bumpers would fit a 1st gen tundra if the brackets were modified? If so, I may be in for a bumper...

I apologize for dragging this out, between work and the body shop that I had originally taken, the project got dragged out. Long story short, the bodyshop had it for (3) weeks, so I decide to pull it from the body shop and got to a local Fab shop. Dropped it this past Monday and by Tuesday morning and I was good to go! Fast and top notch work! Between Tuesday and yesterday I got to paint the custom brackets, mount the Warn HS9500 winch, wire up the fogs and turn signals. I posted some update/pics last night on TS but didn't get around to posting here, so here's the update:

A few things to consider/note: The 100 Series Landcruiser frame rails are about 3" farther apart and narrower (meaning the Tundra rails are wider/fatter). This resulted in having to modify/fab (cut off the section that mounts to the frame rails) and fab custom mounts. The custom mounts attach to the frame rails using the stock (2) lower bolts on the frame rail and stock front bolts (The ARB would original only mount with the (2) lower stock bolts). We used the stock (2) bolts per bracket and the front stock screws. No modifications were done to the frame rails or the ARB bumper. All mods were done to the brackets, which makes it nice if I ever decided to go back to stock (sell).

The overall width of the ARB is a perfect fit with the Limited (maybe SR5 as well) flares. Due to the differences in the front facia/bumper area between the Tundra and LC100, you end up with a gap between the inner ARB and the front body area. I'm thinking of a custom thin sheet of metal, powder coated/painted to match would cover this.

The lower brace that secures the stock skidplate was kept and worked out nicely, The ARB ships with a small plate that covers and open area between the stock skidplate and lower ARB. Dues to the Tundra/LC100 differences, this plate will need to modified to fit (I haven't done this yet).

The front/back fit (meaning how far/close from hood area). This presented a challenge as bringing the bumper closer to the hood area, would mostly cover the gap mentioned above and would bring the side edges of the ARB more in line with the flares. This presented a problem with the hood/grill not clearing the top tube of the ARB. So we slid the bumper back, just enough (about 1" clearance) as the hood opens between the grill and top tube. This also meant that the top light/high lift mount tabs needed to be cut off in order to clear the hood/grill. These were cut off and sanded down to conform the round tube.

With some expose metal, I looked into powder coating. I guess there is no such thing as touch up power coating lol!!, so I sanded and painted/touched up the exposed metal area. I'll working on installing my set of PIAA offroad lights next and then wiring up the winch.

I believe this covers everything.. so here's some pics! enjoy!

View attachment 134712

View attachment 134713

View attachment 134714

View attachment 134715

View attachment 134716

View attachment 134717

Benc

Explorer
I really don't know. I sure it could be but I don't know the extent of what would need to be modified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benc

Explorer
Ok guys, last call on the bumpers at this price! Let me know if you want on the list.

Benc

Explorer
Some update pics of the bumper. There is still time if anyone wants in on the first batch. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427754885.494538.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427754907.741229.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427754932.299515.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427754952.530943.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427754969.821133.jpg

Benc

Explorer
It's taking longer than expected but I'm almost ready for production! Let me know if anyone els wants in on the group buy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428242554.138262.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428242573.737501.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428242594.096911.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428242613.726057.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428242632.703705.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428242645.697488.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan