WJ Build pics...

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Thought I'd share my pics of my new 4" lift build up! Many thanks go out to my friend on here SOCALFJ as well as my friend Bryan for lending a hand and many laughs, and our other friend Brian for lending me his floor jack & jack stands!

I got rid of the 2" budget boost...after much searching I came across ironrockoffroad.com and found a 4" lift for a pretty good price. After many emails and phone calls, I made the purchase. These guys there really took geniune interest in answering my questions & concerns instead of wanting to make a quick sale. I have nothing but good things to say about Iron Rock.

Anyway....on with the pics!

getting started
S5030745.jpg

S5030746.jpg

Here comes the fun with the sway bars...
S5030747.jpg

S5030748.jpg

Getting ready to pull the old bars
S5030750.jpg

This was my first ever involvement with a build up. I never really had much knowledge of this kind of stuff until I became friends with Dave and got into this new addictive hobby! I enjoyed getting dirty with it all.
S5030751.jpg

S5030752.jpg

S5030753.jpg

S5030754.jpg

New springs vs. old springs
S5030755.jpg

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Part 2.....

Out with the old....
S5030756.jpg

And in with the new!
S5030759.jpg

S5030761.jpg

S5030762.jpg

Getting the t-case lowering spacers in
S5030763.jpg

S5030764.jpg

...and here they are.
S5030765.jpg

This is night #2, finishing up the rear shocks & sway bar
S5030768.jpg

S5030769.jpg

S5030770.jpg

bucyouup68

Observer
Are you coming to the Fling in DV, we are going to be running the full Defense Run this time, Your rig will do fine now.:truck:

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Most likely not going to the Fling. I have a couple other trips lined up right now as well as a much needed weekend in Vegas and and trip out to Lake Havasu with my twin sons to see their grandparents!

WJinTRSC

Adventurer
I saw your front Sway-bar endlinks in their and I would STRONGLY recommend going w/ JKS disco.'s up front and an Addco 1" sway-bar in the rear. This combo. gives an awesome ride on road and sweet capability off-road. Just my .02. Looking great though. Can't wait to see it done!!! Good luck!

Oh yeah, I agree about IronRock. IRO is nothing but greatness and the customer service is the main reason I bought from them. I know I can count on them at any time for help.

bucyouup68

Observer
d2offrover said:
x2 on upgrading the LCA's and JKS front discos. I tossed the rear sway when I had my WJ.

I tossed my rear sway as well, Just look at that thing and you will Laugh. All it does is restrict Flex.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Glad i could lend a hand James. It's been a while since i wrenched on a Jeep.

It was a good lesson for you to learn more about your suspension and how it works. Especially if there's a problem and you need to replace/fix something on the trail.

the1jzahn

As of right now my Cherokee is stock. But Iron Rock Offroad is around three miles down Hwy 169 from me. After hearing all the positive news about them I am really itching to go down and buy the lift!

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
I broke one of the mounting bolts on the axle that attaches the swaybar when I installed a 2.5"BB from KOR last year. I decided to run without a swaybar and took it for a trip down the street. It was definitely too "squirrelly" for my tastes, so I drilled out the broken bolt and put it back on.

The tail of the Jeep still wags a little more than I would like with the stock swaybar, but it is much better than without for my preference.

It actually felt dangerous to me and I'm used to driving lifted SWB jeeps with soft springs and full lockers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman