WTB- Looking for GXV Patagonia sized Expedition vehicle for Full-time living while working as travel nurses

Jlondon9413

I have been looking for a larger expedition vehicle that is in good turn key shape or has minimal touch ups to get there. I travel with my fiance and our dogs taking on travel nursing assignments. I would love the freedom to find a beautiful spot to live on off grid when we can nearby assignments and have the freedom and privacy to enjoy the outdoors and live free. Please let me know if anyone has anything that might work for this. My only request is that interior height must be greater than 77" as I am that tall. Thank you!

billiebob

Totally off topic but on topic with travelling nurses I love this vehicle, built in the USA by Jeff Daniels Jeep, funded by Rotary, serving in Haiti... I think it has been upgraded. But still a cool vehicle doing awesome work.

Ninelitetrip

Maybe this?

Jlondon9413

Maybe this?

This might actually work, though it might be too old for my fiance. She gets weird about anything over about 8 years. But thank you very much!

Biscuittwister

I have this Mercedes 1222 with a taxa mantis mounted that I'm going to sell soon. Could this work for you?
Resized_received_455972298640279.jpeg

Jlondon9413

Here you go

Such a cool build and for an incredible price. Thank you for sharing this. I honestly love it, but we are in need of a private bathroom solution for when we have visiting family and friends. Most are not as comfortable using the bathroom in front of us haha.

Wakeup2river

Lucidless

I have been looking for a larger expedition vehicle that is in good turn key shape or has minimal touch ups to get there. I travel with my fiance and our dogs taking on travel nursing assignments. I would love the freedom to find a beautiful spot to live on off grid when we can nearby assignments and have the freedom and privacy to enjoy the outdoors and live free. Please let me know if anyone has anything that might work for this. My only request is that interior height must be greater than 77" as I am that tall. Thank you!
I need to put you in contact with my friend Ian, he does this in WA, OR, CO, and UT.. Not as amazing as you think with a full size expedition truck, you're more suited for Vanlife with the travel nursing. There is also a great Facebook group about this, that help with rig setups and info on what to do if you have so and so hours here or there, available parking around certain hospitals, etc.. You'll quickly find out that parking for vehicles longer than 21' is difficult, and they aren't allowed in a lot of national parks (but can camp outside of them) Last thing you want is a Earthroamer or GXV, the *upgrade* prices will give you a heart attack when you want stuff done.

To be brutally honest, if you need a GXV sized truck to be comfortable while travel nursing you're better off with renting a condo, or else you'll be properly let down. You'll find that the owners of rigs like these are either retired, can work remotely from just their computer- never really having to report to a specific workplace, or have regular work hours but only use the exp truck a handful of times a year.

Last edited:

Lucidless

Such a cool build and for an incredible price. Thank you for sharing this. I honestly love it, but we are in need of a private bathroom solution for when we have visiting family and friends. Most are not as comfortable using the bathroom in front of us haha.
you can build one of those for less than $100k by buying a total composite box from Andre, and getting the truck from Govplanet. I don't understand why no one takes practical approaches to builds in the US anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior