WTB- Looking for GXV Patagonia sized Expedition vehicle for Full-time living while working as travel nurses

Josh Biro

This might actually work, though it might be too old for my fiance. She gets weird about anything over about 8 years. But thank you very much!

Hey Lucidless, that's my ER. Just wanted to comment that it's in great shape and yes it's older but that means pre emissions so way easier to travel with. Honestly I can't think of a better rig for what you're describing doing. DM me if you want my cell to chat or do a virtual tour.

Lucidless

Hey Lucidless, that's my ER. Just wanted to comment that it's in great shape and yes it's older but that means pre emissions so way easier to travel with. Honestly I can't think of a better rig for what you're describing doing. DM me if you want my cell to chat or do a virtual tour.
I didn't comment on your ER. But off the top, a better rig would be a full size 4x4 truck with a detachable camper- like a 4wc but a hard top. There is a host expedition camper for sale right now (just the back) on the overlander marketplace on Facebook for $50k, pair that with a flatbed diesel ram or ford and your set. can drop the camper anytime and take the truck to work or harder 4x4 trails. All set and done for $100,000 less, Its practically a ER, but if you could detach the camper part and use the truck. Like Bobs truck below
F9427C54-9E9E-4F06-9868-1574140DF965_4_5005_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I didn't comment on your ER. But off the top, a better rig would be a full size 4x4 truck with a detachable camper- like a 4wc but a hard top. There is a host expedition camper for sale right now (just the back) on the overlander marketplace on Facebook for $50k, pair that with a flatbed diesel ram or ford and your set. can drop the camper anytime and take the truck to work or harder 4x4 trails. All set and done for $100,000 less, Its practically a ER, but if you could detach the camper part and use the truck. Like Bobs truck below
View attachment 717286

im sure a full timer would want a true 4 season capable camper. I don’t know any regular rv body that can do that. Go with earthroamer and any purpose built expo truck.

Lucidless

im sure a full timer would want a true 4 season capable camper. I don’t know any regular rv body that can do that. Go with earthroamer and any purpose built expo truck.
Host, Bigfoot, arctic fox, or build your own with a total composites box. They all have 4 season capability.

adam88

Explorer
View attachment 717286

I agree that is a very nice setup, but there is no way in hell that can be done for $100k. Maybe if the truck was like a 2010 high mileage or something but even then. If you replicated that truck brand new, it would probably come close to $150k or even $200k.

Lucidless

I agree that is a very nice setup, but there is no way in hell that can be done for $100k. Maybe if the truck was like a 2010 high mileage or something but even then. If you replicated that truck brand new, it would probably come close to $150k or even $200k.
If you get the camper section for 50k (maybe less, lots of lightly used options), you can spend 50k on a truck. wheels/Tires- $4000, truck- $25,000, Flatbed- $6000, suspension- $5000, extras- $5000.. Total: $100k that's a very realistic price estimate

adam88

Explorer
If you get the camper section for 50k (maybe less, lots of lightly used options), you can spend 50k on a truck. wheels/Tires- $4000, truck- $25,000, Flatbed- $6000, suspension- $5000, extras- $5000.. Total: $100k that's a very realistic price estimate

Where on earth can you find an F550 for $25,000? Maybe a 2003 with 300,000 miles on it? A flatbed for $6,000? What about all the labour? If you build me that for $100k, I'll give you $20,000 cash. So you build it for $100k, since you can do it, then I'll give you $120,000. Easy $20k profit for you.

The Artisan

Adventurer
Where on earth can you find an F550 for $25,000? Maybe a 2003 with 300,000 miles on it? A flatbed for $6,000? What about all the labour? If you build me that for $100k, I'll give you $20,000 cash. So you build it for $100k, since you can do it, then I'll give you $120,000. Easy $20k profit for you.
When do you want it?
Kevin

Lucidless

Yeah ill defiantly build that for $100,000 if you're going to pay me $20k.. If I do all the fab work, and suspension install- which isn't difficult, you'll probably come in under $100k

We have our two demo trucks for sale. Built on Civilian BAE 4x4 trucks. Like new condition.

Josh Biro

Nope. I wonder why so cheap
Kevin
Because the listing has all work done in 2014 - it's been sitting. Bilstein shocks not King like ER normally has. Tires are at the end of their life. The 6.0l upgrades are only outer engine. It still hasn't done injectors, studs, gasket etc. - Which will need to be done. The house batteries are likely done or close too.
It IS a great price though and worth it for someone happy to plan on the up keep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior