XPCamper Updates

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
What's up with the new style hard side pop-up for smaller trucks?

LakeLBJ;
I have not heard any news on the new compact camper in a while. I suspect the development has been delayed while XP works on producing more full size campers. They have been selling well. Any compact XP news I hear will be posted on this thread.
Cheers
Mark

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
XPCompact Spy Photos

Marc at XP just e-mailed these new compact camper spy photos to me:
dn-1.asp.jpegdn-2.asp.jpegdn-3.asp.jpegdn-4.asp.jpeg
My first question to him was "Are these photoshopped, or are they real?"...He assured me they are real photos of the prototype.

haven

Expedition Leader
I wonder about the pronounced wedge shape of the cab over. It seems to me that a more rounded leading edge could be as aerodynamic, and would provide more room, particularly when sleeping with the top down. My $.02 comment from the peanut gallery.

Marc's new design has some similarity to Welby Davidson's Innovan. The Innovan has no cab over, and appears to be a little wider. The inside is likely to be quite different. I don't think the Innovan is available outside Australia.
http://www.innovan.com.au/index.php

tnt

Observer
I noticed the similarity to the Innovan as well. I have visited Marc's shop and seen this prototype in person. I see a huge advantage in the design of the XP. Since the Innovan does not have the cabover section, the beds cover the cabinet surface area when they are down. So the sink, stove, and dinette are not accessible when the beds are down. With the bed in the XP moved forward, the kitchen area and dinette can still be used while the bed is set up. For my wife and I that often go to bed or getup at different times, that is very important.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
WOW - this looks amazing, I can't believe we will finally have something like this available in the USA. Congratulations Mark/Marc

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Examiner article on XPC compact camper

Here is a link to an article regarding the new Compact XPCamper:
http://www.examiner.com/rving-in-national/xpcamper-llc-debuts-prototype-v2-camper

Quoted from article:
Marc Wassmann, CEO of Grass Valley, California-based XPCamper LLC – manufacturer of the world’s first all composite monocoque pop-up camper – has provided the RVing Examiner with an exclusive look at the first full size mock up of his latest hard sided, clamshell designed, expedition grade XPCamper model. Custom designed for compact trucks like the Toyota Tacoma the V2 XP - which is expected to retail for approximately $30,000 – will be launched in the summer of 2012.

The V2 XP employs the same monocoque design, seamless roof, DIAB cored composite construction and dual pane windows as its larger XPCamper counterpart and – although it’s smaller – it will incorporate many of the same cutting edge appliances and electronics as seen in the original XPCamper. The hard sided construction of the V2 XP – unlike tent based camper variants - means that the unit can be deployed in extreme weather conditions and in areas of wild animal predation.

The V2 XP galley area will include a fiberglass countertop, SMEV 2 burner propane cooktop, 130 l 12v fridge and Spinflo kitchen centre. Other interior features include a standard queen bed (with an optional $ 425.00 European spring mattress system), shower, cassette toilet and Imtra marine grade LED lighting throughout.

Marc hopes that the V2 XP – which has already received a number of pre-orders - will emulate the success of his ground breaking XPCamper which has proved popular with overlanders around the globe. The latter – which debuted to much critical acclaim at the 1st annual Overland Expo back in 2009 - has chalked up sales in the US, Australia, Alaska, Canada and South Africa.

XP V2 Specs:

Outside storage compartment • Electric Water Pump from Shurflo • 110V System w/ Power Converter • 12V Porch Light • 20lb Propane Tank • Fire extinguisher • 33 Gallon fresh water tank (can be heated) • Water gauge • Queen bed with under bed storage • Dining table • Dinette seating with Sunbrella fabrics • Under seat storage • 2 reversible electric roof vents • Heki sky hatch with privacy shades and mosquito netting • Propex HS2000 Ducted 6500btu hot air heater • Girard tankless hot water heater • Outside shower • 150 amp AGM battery from Lifeline • Marine breaker panel and wiring through out • 3 x 12 v outlets • 125 Watt Solar panel with charger •

Doc Foster

Adventurer
Man, this looks very exciting. I am salivating just thinking about this and my 2012 Tacoma! Please keep us updated and please include interior photos and details!

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Interior Shots from newest XPCamper

Here are a few interior shots that Marc sent me of the newest XPCamper to leave the factory:
Interior%20Showe-1.jpgInterior%20Showe.jpgXPC%20Dinette%20Up.jpg

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things

tnt

Observer
Part of the table folds up. You can see the hinges in the photos. You can leave it folded or if you need more tables space, unfold it after the people sitting on that side are in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12