you on mag cover

Spikepretorius

Explorer
Please help. My Spanish is non-existent so maybe I'm just slipping up.
I can create a page full of magazine covers with my pic on them but I can't save any of the pics. What am I doing wrong?
If I click on a pic i get a blank page.
If I right click and save pic or save as background or whatever it just leaves the cove template without my pic in it.

sinuhexavier

Explorer
Once or twice...

2396335926_2e99f92ecd_b.jpg

Men's Journal May 2002. This shot was actually taken while on a week long backpacking trip in The Grand Canyon. Our trip started on the Sept. 9, 2001, we didn't hear about NYC until the day this was shot on our way back up on Sept. 15, 2001

2076728258_a3286a59ca_b.jpg

Mountain Bike Winter 2004. This is the last trip I did with Steve Casimiro. It was a nightmare as far as photo trips go. We were shooting back to back stories one for National Geographic Adventure and one for Mountain Bike. We broke a fork on Steve's bike, Steve lost a contact with no replacement, steve later sprained his ankle in Canyonlands and we had to cut the trip short by a few days.

2075876071_2bb712c62c_b.jpg

National Geographic Adventure Sept. 2003. This shot came from a story we did called Wild Roads. We were based out of Boulder, Utah for 10 days and put over 3,000 miles on that Sequoia. Starting at 4:30 am to get to location before sunrise and getting back to the hotel by 9:00 pm after sunset. This has to be the most successful shoot I have produced for Steve. Three covers and two stories within NGA and numerous stock sales on Getty.

2395504745_0b6f320033_b.jpg

Powder Magazine Circa early 90's. Getting it at Bridger Bowl, Montana on a 26" overnight bluebird day. This was the first year I was sponsored by The North face, Kastle-Nordica and Scott, this one day yielded 3 pull page shots in Powder and earned my keep with my sponsors. Should have been a cover.

2075940945_685843dfd6_b.jpg

Powder Magazine. November 1997. Solitude, Utah. Enough said.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
And now you ride a board:rolleyes: What happened to you Sinuhe?? Head injury??

Just kiddin, nice work. I remember you from Powder long before all the Land Rover stuff;)

sinuhexavier

Explorer
I managed to ski twice this year, all Back Country on the new BD alpine touring equipment... The bug is back... Now Ijust need the time.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
sinuhexavier said:
I managed to ski twice this year, all Back Country on the new BD alpine touring equipment... The bug is back... Now Ijust need the time.

How bout a quick run up to Angeles Crest in the next few weeks? Park at the end of the road and maybe hit Throop Peak or some of the chutes off Mt Islip?

sinuhexavier

Explorer
kellymoe said:
How bout a quick run up to Angeles Crest in the next few weeks? Park at the end of the road and maybe hit Throop Peak or some of the chutes off Mt Islip?

I don't have any gear... I have plenty of snowboarding gear but no alpine touring... I was using Black Diamonds.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
sinuhexavier said:
I don't have any gear... I have plenty of snowboarding gear but no alpine touring... I was using Black Diamonds.

All I have is tele gear. I do have a pair of size 10 Crispi 4 buckle tele boots and some skis you could borrow. After looking at my calendar it looks like the next two weeks are jammed. I have been trying to get up to the Sierra's for a Spring ski trip but by that time I hope to be focusing on climbing and getting as many trips up to the Whites as I can this Summer. If Throop Peak stays in shape and they get the road open earlier this year there is a trail to the top, no hiking in snow and a great run down the North Face chute. If I do it I'll give you a call.

flywgn

Explorer
Michael Slade said:
So who's been on a real mag cover?...

Moi? Nahhhhh. I worked for too many years trying to keep my puss out of the camera's eye.

Diana, on the other hand, several times. San Francisco Chronicle Magazine, Santa Barbara Magazine, Seventeen, Gourmet, to name a few.

Allen R

OMC

Toyota Trails

Small circulation and readership but it's a mag and some of you are familar with it, I'm sure!

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan