Your Bikes

7wt

Expedition Leader
TD64 said:
I don't race all that much, but when I do, I like to race on my Seven Sola Single Speed.

I have gotten more into epic trips, doing team 24hr races, going to and helping to put on mountain bike gatherings (SSSSS 2005).
Very nice! I always wanted a single speed. Maybe if I start riding again I could justify the cost?

FROADER

Adventurer
Here are mine.

Bike1.jpg

Me and a friend at Big Bear:

IMG_4399.jpg

l_ff076738c9b3a1db773db83c596c8a6e.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

Stingray4.jpg

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
7wt said:
Very nice! I always wanted a single speed. Maybe if I start riding again I could justify the cost?

You build one real cheap. That is the beauty of a single speed. Just a basic bicycle. Mine was fully ridgid, but, my wrist couldn't take it. I found my fork for $50 at a swap meet. An old Marzocchi, single speeds aren't supposed to be high tech.

Speaker

Adventurer
Specialized Hardrock Comp Aluminum 69er (29 in front, 26 in back) Single speed. 42x18 fully rigid + sweet scorcher bars.

1975ish Huffy Cruiser (Rode this one today)

Motobecane Outcast 29er, rigid, BMX bars, SS/Fixed flip flop (32x18, 32x21)

1980s Centurion Elite RS, converted to Fixed gear. 52x18

Diamondback Venom '06 20" BMX.. Don't ride anymore
'nother beater BMX, studded tires, no brakes, death machine.

2001 Kona Stinky Dee-lux, Monster T forks, Avalanche Shock. SAS Wheels.. a 60 pound beast of awesomeness.

The only picture I have right now is of me racing the Motobecane. Maybe I'll get some more pictures, maybe not... the choice is yours!
speakerracing.jpg

gearguywb

Explorer
I rode a rigid Niner single speed for part of the year and absolutely loved it! I am going to build another one for the coming season. It really does make you concentrate and pick cleaner lines.....and it is just dang FUN!

TD64

Adventurer
7wt said:

Thanks. I needed a very small frame so I went with a custom Seven (it's a 14.5" frame).

Cycling is my passion, so, it is easy to justify the cost.

Get out there and ride! :bike_rider:

Sloan

Explorer
I have;
PK Ripper (80s)
Trek 1200 (1988) now has mtn bike bars for commuting
Schwinn cruiser with baby seat
Santa Cruz Bullit

lqhikers

Adventurer
2 old stumpjumpers always on track!

been lurking for a long time we hang out on wander the west forum but had to share bike pics been doing this type of riding for years thought i would share (only on unused rail lines!) dive slow and enjoy "its the journey". lqhikers so cal,4x4 toyota tacoma four wheel pop up camper.

Sloan

Explorer
I remember as a kid seeing an article in Popular Mechanics about how to build one of those rigs to run 2 bikes on railroad tracks and I had completely forgotten about it until now.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Finally got around to taking pics of my bikes.. I am not a "specialized guy" (at all really) I just happen to own two specialized :D Nearly identical, one is my MTB and the other is my townie...

My MTB is a '01 hard tail stumpjumper, frame is probably high 3lbs... The only thing original is the frame and crank, everything else is recent. I basically bought it for about $60 (trade with a friend). I have built it fairly tough.. My fork gave up the ghost earlier this summer so I'm running a cheapo RockShox pilot that I got for $50 on Ebay. But rebuilt with heavy springs and air/over. I actually don't mind at all and think its a perfectly compitent fork (but I'm sure I don't know what I'm missing with say, a Fox)... Total weight was 25 lbs, now with the heavy BB7 cable disks and the 2.4 MotoRaptors, bigger bars (which are awesome) about 27 or so... I probably have well over 1000 miles on it this summer alone, I was usually out 3-4 days or nights a week (there is a huge amount of trail all around my house) and usually did longer rides on the weekends... I am technically competent but still need to work on my lungs and endurance, a lot :)

My townie is the red '97 S-works hard tail single speed. Here is a build up thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=3939563 Almost identical frame as my stumpjumper, I bought it off ebay for $36 :eek: It was almost almost brand new... It is also similar to today's hardtail S works, but is made of M2 aluminum and doesn't have fat tire clearance ability.. Frame weighs about 3.6 lbs.. I built this super cheap but paying attention to weight... Total weight about 21 lbs. If I wanted to I could get it under 20 but am not too concerned about it.. It is geared pretty fast, for town use purposes (I mainly use it to get to work), but it is literally perfect for getting around this town at least. It would do great in even San Francisco for example, 36 tooth front, 15 rear... It is just a hair too slow to keep up with fast traffic but it is not a fixie so it doesn't matter... I try to ride it to work every morning (about a mile, I do it in less than 5 minutes usually), even in the cold, I ride often even at 4 degrees and such.. In the last month-two I've gotten a little soft and driving here and there.. But this summer my car sat for about 1 & 1/2 months without moving, with pride :)

One pic shows me on the S-works.. It is a 21", largest they make.. I'm 6'5 so it shows my overall size, these are actually a hair small for me but I actually prefer small bikes (mostly for ease of use on trails/switchbacks). With the Stumpjumper, I have the 400mm post basically all the way out. I have to move the seat way forward to not wheelie out but it rides well and I ride this bike hard and over a lot of terrain that people don't think to typically take hardtails on and with the fat tires it does fine. :) I am in the market for a good full suspension now though...

Last edited:

dennisuello

Adventurer
I have a 2003 Trek Liquid 10, stock, with WTB tires. Nice bike, but I don't get out that much these days. I don't have endurance to race, and hate pedaling uphill. Next summer I'll hit some ski resorts for some downhill action.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12