Your most appreciated camping equipment

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
Honestly I love all of my gear. I really enjoy camping and sports gear for its practical and esthetic qualities. I went through years of research and experimentation, buying things and reselling them on Craigslist when I found something better. Over the years you learn more, you become more committed to your favorite activities, and they come out with new things you have to try. I put together different sets of gear for different uses (car camping, kayak camping, backpacking). Current favorites:

TENT: Kelty Trailridge 2, 3, and 4
MATTRESSES: 3 different Expeds + REI Campbed 3.5
SLEEPING BAGS: LL BEAN down 20 and 35 degrees
COTS: Camptime Roll-a-Cot and Helinox Cot One
CHAIR: Helinox Sunset chair + favorite old webbed lawn chair
KAYAK: Hurricane Sojourn 135. Can camp with it for a week.
CAR: Scion xA. Yup, I'm serious. Perfect tiny adventure car for one person. Holds kayak, bike, and camping equipment.

One thing I haven't found yet: a miniature camp kitchen, like 1/3 the size of Mr. Leary's.

grogie

Like to Camp
:sombrero: The RUGER MK11/111 are pretty light and very accurate--SS is the best-
034-1.jpg

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Yes, the Rugers are nice. I inherited one from my dad. And in related camping equipment, I always travel with my Glock 26. :)

grogie

Like to Camp
I have to say I love my Campfire in a Can...

f0k6yNudj

Plus, my Coleman Fold and Go... Folds up for minimal space for storage. Plus my cast iron pan.

P91Vvl.jpg

orangeTJ

Explorer
Throwing a different piece of "gear" in this thread..... this is my favorite..... my hotel on wheels.

IMG_2942.jpg

I'd like to get a bit more adventurous with a smaller camp rig, but tent camping isn't my thing. Someday I will have a small tear-drop style trailer, or I will build a bed in this (my other truck, which replaced my 2012 JKU-R)

DSCN0082.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I love the Rugers for plinking/target ,but

Yes, the Rugers are nice. I inherited one from my dad. And in related camping equipment, I always travel with my Glock 26. :)

When out/off-road/camping--it's .45-1911s
45--1911011.jpg

Good day Grogie

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

WeLikeCamping

Explorer
As others have said, all of my camping gear is essential to a good experience, but without my trusty haul vehicle, I would not be camping, so, for me, it is the most essential and appreciated.

kj4vyi

Tent Cot bought at academy for 35 bucks, best 35 bucks i have ever spent. Growing up camping with the family and through scouts and later with friends the ground started to get really hard even with air pads & foam pads. Now that my son is in scouts and we have been camping quite a bit, with and without the scouts, it was time for me to get a cot, first night out with it was some of the best tent sleeping i have ever had !!!

Amy H

Observer
My favorite is my travel spice kit from World Market. It is always great to spice things up when packing the basics. It always comes in handy especially when camping in groups. The last trip out we turned fresh pineapple into a dessert with ginger & cinnamon on the grill.

Attachments

• spices.jpg
    spices.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 612

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears