Yugo to Argentina

T815

Observer
Hello everyone! So heres a huge update, I bought a car!! a 1988 Yugo GVX clone. Wopping 1.1L of furry! Factory A/C, Louvers, and sunroof. It needs a little bit of work, the clutch is on its way out, and so is the brake master cyclinder, but the previous owner put alot of work into it. It even comes with the replacement parts. Right now its up in north Alabama and i will be needing to ship it down to me in Naples Fl. (Bought sight unseen...Yikes) This car is in much better shape the any others that i have seen in the price range, with tons of features. I'd say i'll have it by mid next month. I need to locate a shipper that can deal with a car with a weak clutch and no brakes. (Ebrakes work)

Argentina here we come!
attachment.php

Go get a quote on http://www.uship.com or look on eBay

Vasir

Village Idiot
someone on the other side of the country, in CA should get another car with an equally bad reputation. I forget their names..... my brother had one. it was a dodge, and it looked similar to a yugo, bodyshape-wise. thing was a POS, and I remember even i was working on it at one point with my dad to keep it going (i was in 4th grade). They ended up scrapping it and my brother bought a moped..

edit: dodge colt!!

that or..... do it with a honda CVCC!!

stioc

Expedition Leader
I read the whole blog/trip-report on ADV about some kid and his gf that went all the way down there on a Ninja 250...offroading and all- Jordan325ci I think is his name. I wouldn't want to discourage you on your Yugo idea but since I'm a bit crazy like you too personally I'd do the trip in a Subaru Justy. Similar to the Yugo but actually has a decent 4WD system and with a bit of a lift/tires can go places you proably shouldn't. Anyway, best of luck and I'll too will follow along with great interest!

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
someone on the other side of the country, in CA should get another car with an equally bad reputation. I forget their names..... my brother had one. it was a dodge, and it looked similar to a yugo, bodyshape-wise. thing was a POS, and I remember even i was working on it at one point with my dad to keep it going (i was in 4th grade). They ended up scrapping it and my brother bought a moped..

edit: dodge colt!!

that or..... do it with a honda CVCC!!

Colt and Civic still have far too good of reputations. How about Ford Pinto, Chevy Vega, Dodge Aries or if you want a truly wretched vehicle, how about and early Hyundai Excel? :sombrero:

- Andy

Jason124

Hahaha, This is true. All of those vehicles are pretty bad, but when it comes to the worst? Yugo takes the cake! Do you know why they came with a heated rear window?

Jason124

Chuckles!, thanks for posting the craigs ad. i called the guy yesterday morning. I was going take off work to go get it, but it was already sold... he had an ad up after that one for 700. somebody got a great deal.

Warn, Cool blog! i'll have to keep following it for sure!

Vasir

Village Idiot
Colt and Civic still have far too good of reputations. How about Ford Pinto, Chevy Vega, Dodge Aries or if you want a truly wretched vehicle, how about and early Hyundai Excel? :sombrero:

- Andy

I should have left the cvcc out of that category, but i will still stand by the colt... that thing was a POS if ive ever seen one. although the old Hyundais do have all the others beat...

there comes a point of diminished returns.. i rather see the scenic views, than the engine compartment of the car!

Jason124

more pics

Haha! I love it!!!

Here are some more photos of my car!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have been doing research on upgrading the suspension a bit. Apparently many parts from the Fiat x1/9 will bolt right up including the front struts. When i't gets here i'll be looking into building a roof rack with some Fuel tank locks, and an extra spare tire. (I know there's a huge debate about putting fuel on the roof, but there's no room anywhere else) But we'll see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan