Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Zam15

Explorer
Might I suggest starting with some terminal covers Cheap insurance.
Rear end is looking beefier and beefier by the day!
Thanks!

Yea, that was just a mess when I through it together quickly, the terminals were low profile enough that I never had any issues, and due to the wiring would not have worked well. The shops doing the wiring this time and should be fairly different. Think they have replaced my terminals however.. May need to buy a new set if I want to go back to them.
whos doing all your fab work?
Toyota truck fab shop in San Diego, same guys that did my front long travel they do the Built Right Fabrication stuff too.

Zam15

Explorer
The Witching Hour approaches...

Went in for the Friday update. All major fab work is officially complete!!!! Minus the rear swing-out that I'll figure out later.

Front differential and CVs are back in the truck, coil-overs are mounted with final spring rates TBD, bedside braces with remote res mounts finished up.
37107461604_771a90caa5_h.jpg

23964742758_84d4e4b1f5_h.jpg

All tires were in the back getting mounted, so maybe, just maybe the truck could be on pavement tonight

Zam15

Explorer
The beast is waking up from its long slumber! :Wow1:

37262412084_1e39f6c853_h.jpg

26196676099_82926c930e_h.jpg

37918715456_3b61f86053_h.jpg

37918716546_7b56b541de_h.jpg

37918714596_b0563c1a83_h.jpg

37918713946_4e4ee9a10b_h.jpg

With the extra track width, clearance, and 35s the truck is massive... Going to be fun to park.

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
I think the technical term for the amount of money it is costing is "lots."

What's the going rate for a kidney, arm and leg?

Well I supplied the rear axle/locker, bedsides, wheels, tires...

So I'm hoping that will keep the final cost down. Mostly labor at this point.

Stopwatch

...Quite curious to what it’s costing

I think anyone who has built or restored a vehicle quickly learns to keep all the receipts but to never, ever add them up and, most importantly, to keep the receipt shoebox away from the prying eyes of the Mistress of Finance.

I learned this lesson during my 1970 Bronco restomod

WOODY2

Adventurer
I'd venture a shoebox wouldn't hold all of them. Besides it really doesn't matter all that matters he will actually get to take it out and drive it.

paranoid56

Adventurer
Looking awesome. Can you fix those rear hard brake lines? lol all this awesome work, and some half *** brake lines lol. It would be neat to see them done properly (no hand bends)

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Im surprised you are keeping the RTT and roof rack. Or do you just not drive that fast? Seems like you'd want to with a 4 link and 35s now. It'll haul *** but man, all that weight up there...it'll want flip on its side in the corners so bad you won't be able to go very fast. Or was it just a travel #'s goal?

Zam15

Explorer
Im surprised you are keeping the RTT and roof rack. Or do you just not drive that fast? Seems like you'd want to with a 4 link and 35s now. It'll haul *** but man, all that weight up there...it'll want flip on its side in the corners so bad you won't be able to go very fast. Or was it just a travel #'s goal?

Keeping the RTT for now, may ditch the rack as it doesn't see much use. But I would need to figure out what to do about my awning.

With the foot+ or more of extra track width and sway bar we'll see how she handles on the corners.

I don't plan on going crazy fast, just moderate speed, enough to stay on top of the wash boards. Just shooting for a good balance between open dirt roads and rock crawling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12