Zamberlan Boots

daniel3507

Observer
Where do you guys find them? I cant find anywhere locally and have only been able to find a few places online. Im looking for a pair of the 307 TRAIL LITE GT and would like to try them on before buying but I am thinking that may not be possible now. Where have you guys found them? Around here there is a Bass Pro Shop, Sun and Ski, Backwoods,....thats about it as far as outdoor stores.

daniel3507

Observer
All the positive reviews are what convinced me to give them a try. How does the sizing run? Im a little nervous about getting them online so I want to try and order the right size.

Lichen

Explorer
As I recall, their website had you measure your foot with a tape measure, then gave you a chart for correct size. Their chart had me ordering 1/2 size larger than normal. They fit great, but I haven't tried using a thick wool sock with them yet. They are a little robust for driving with a manual transmission.

daniel3507

Observer
Havent been able to find a sizing chart. It seems impossible to find the ones I want even online. Just have to do some more digging.

Scott Brady

Founder
I think you are doing the right thing, finding a pair to try on. I need to run my Zamberlans a little bigger than my other boots, by half a size. They can also run a little narrow, if that can be a problem for you.

ncgamedog

Observer
I am split between choosing the 310 Skill GT and the 996 Vioz GT...anyone have opinions on either boot? I am coming from some Danner Mountain Lights that I have had multiple pairs of and love! I like the sole design of the zamberlans better and am willing to give them a try.

Sirocco

Explorer
I tried a few pairs on weekend just gone, as above 1/2 size bigger. Im usually a 8.5 (UK) but the 9's fitted a treat :) as above the toe box is quite narrow to, but my current Rohan's are pretty wide so the difference in feel was huge! I tried some trail lite GT's but im waiting out on the 310 Skills as they have had good reviews... also need to save the £££.

G

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Before you fall in love with any boot, you need to stick your feet in them. Not all boots fit all people. People always talk about boots in 2-D taking into consideration length and width. There's also "volume" which is the height of the boot over your instep and then there's the shape of the boot with regard to heal cup dimensions, and lastly where the boot wants to break across your foot. Modern boots use a poly shank that is ideally designed to offer a lot of lattitude with where a boot breaks (bends) but that doesn't always match your foot.

As an example, I would love to wear Kayland boots, but I can't get them to fit my dogs. If Zamberland doesn't fit, you might also look into their boot peers which I would consider to be La Sportiva, Asolo, Kayland and definately Scarpa. All made with similar materials in similar factories with the same level of quality and traditional approach to protecting your footsies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior