Zamberlan Boots

logos

Observer
For Christmas my wife bought me a set of Zamberland Vioz GT boots from REI. We had them shipped into the local store since the store does not carry the boots on the shelf. What's nice is REI has a great return policy and you could easily mail them back for a refund. We did some hiking while in Idaho and I love the way they fit.

If you're in Oklahoma you can find the Asolo boots at Backwoods. I have had excellent service from the Backwoods staff in Wichita, KS.

daniel3507

Observer
I saw Asolo boots at Backwoods the other day and have been looking into those more and more lately. Everyone at Backwoods in Tulsa are always really friendly.

Bhos

Adventurer
Zamberlan is WAY slow in responding. I asked a question on the sole and was directed to HQ in Italy...4 or 5 weeks later I got my response. Savin' up for the Skills, but can't remember if they ran true or just a bit small.

ncgamedog

Observer
Picked up my skills last night at REI. I wore them all day and so far I am pretty pleased. They are def comfortable right out of the box, and I tried on several pairs from Asolo, Keen, Vasque and REI. Only fitment issue is were my arc rides is a little off, but I am going to stick with them a while and see what happens. The initial quality is unmatched in anything I have tried so far.

Ruffin' It

Explorer
My Skills are a bit narrow in the toe box. I had a local outfitter use a rice steamer to heat up the leather and a rod-thing to bump out the toe and was good to go. I don't have particularly wide feet.
Other than that little issue, I LOVE them. I haven't touched my Asolo's since I bought the Zamberlins.

Zamberlan is WAY slow in responding. I asked a question on the sole and was directed to HQ in Italy...4 or 5 weeks later I got my response. Savin' up for the Skills, but can't remember if they ran true or just a bit small.

ncgamedog

Observer
My Skills are a bit narrow in the toe box. I had a local outfitter use a rice steamer to heat up the leather and a rod-thing to bump out the toe and was good to go. I don't have particularly wide feet.
Other than that little issue, I LOVE them. I haven't touched my Asolo's since I bought the Zamberlins.

I think thats interesting b/c my feet are wide...so much in fact that I normally go for an E if available. The asolos i tried were too narrow, but the zamberlins are just right on the width for me...

Bhos

Adventurer
How are the Skill for brisk walking/light jogging? I'm not referring to a long distance run, but sometimes a simple walking pace doesn't do. I think I read that the Skill's set up is not conducive to much more than a moderate to brisk pace??? I'm looking at the Skills and Panthers--and the Panthers because they're not goretex and the sole seems more "bendy."

Ruffin' It

Explorer
I wouldn't want to jog in mine. They are super comfy, but not light or "bendy". You could (I mild sprint up the 47 stairs to my front door once in a while in them), it just doesn't feel natural.

How are the Skill for brisk walking/light jogging? I'm not referring to a long distance run, but sometimes a simple walking pace doesn't do. I think I read that the Skill's set up is not conducive to much more than a moderate to brisk pace??? I'm looking at the Skills and Panthers--and the Panthers because they're not goretex and the sole seems more "bendy."

ncgamedog

Observer
^ those Garmots are sweet looking

I wouldn't want to have to jog in my skills but I guess I could. I like them for the toughness and support of them. they are some serious high quality. and they fit like a glove.

bdr529

My experience with Zamberlan boots mirrors that of several other folks here: beautiful, well constructed boots, but a bit narrow in the toe box for my feet. I ordered mine online, and agonized over whether to keep or return them while wearing them around the house. In the end, I decided to keep them. After hiking 5 or 10 miles in the real world it was quite clear that I'd made the wrong decision. Live and learn. The search for the perfect boot continues...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior