04' DII build

Drover

Adventurer
Well some of you on here know my old disco
image.jpg
She served me well , traveling from Vermont to the overland expo 2013, and also participating in the Vermont overland trophy.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

But sadly, two weeks after the VOT , I broke the frame. So that's what started this insanity. I found this 04' on craigslist and bought it to swap everything over to. image.jpg
It was in in great condition, soccer mom owned, but had a blown engine. Not a problem since my engine was fine. A week later I blew the engine on the old disco!! So here's how it all begins!

I'm not much of a poster , but , I've had so much help from some really great guys. I wanted to do this build thread to really thank everyone who helped me, and possibly funnel some business their way.

The list consist of
Zach. Rovers north
Justin. Lucky 8
Bill. RTE
Steven. Cannibal V8
Dana. D.A.P.
Andy. Voyager racks

Oh , and my two mechanics who did all the work Dan and George , wouldn't have been possible without you.

Last edited:

Drover

Adventurer
Here's what she looked like the day I bought her.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
We started by stripping her completely down.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Interior and all, I'm not a big fan of the alpaca interior.
Swapped everything to blackimage.jpg
This also includes replacing the headliner

Then it was on to the frame , suspension axles etc
image.jpg
Completely sandblasted the frame , primed , and repainted with industrial equipment paint.image.jpg
Also removed the watts linkage and installed a panhard , sandblasted the axle housings and repainted.image.jpg image.jpg

Drover

Adventurer
While I was at it I installed 4.37s , and Ashcroft axles, thanks Justin! image.jpg
image.jpg
Then it was on to the suspension, terrafirma springs , bilstien 7100 remote reservoir , front and rear. Front terrafirma radius arms, rear arms cut, lengthened and cranked, (RTE)
Slick rock quick disconnect sway bar links (front)
Rear quick disconnect sways extended bump stops
+4 extended brake lines
Extended abs
Terrafirma rotors
ARB lockers front , and rear
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Soon after we also installed Tom woods double cardon shafts front and rear

Last edited:

Drover

Adventurer
At this point I have about 6" of lift and decided to go with 35"
image.jpg
I mounted them to steelies that Justin had made for me. I think they look much better than the terrafirma ones , and you can choose your own offset.

I've regretted to say that we completed this build in three weeks from start to finish. While all this work was being done, there was a motor being built , I wanted everything done so when the motor came in we could install and go!
So then it arrived
image.jpg
image.jpg
10:1 compression and 300hp

Last edited:

Drover

Adventurer
Soon after the motor was installed we installed the y pipeimage.jpg we removed the cats and installed o2 delete sensors , then installed NRP exhaust, ( thanks Zach) by the way Zach supplied all suspension parts ,exhaust, headliner

Installed voyager rack roof rack , rock sliders and Greg Davis bumper
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

Drover

Adventurer
I've reinstalled the tjm bumper while bill is making me a custom bumper, I'll post when the bumper comes in.
So anyway , like I said, 3 weeks. My big push was that I wanted to make it to the overland rally in Vermont. It's held in a town abou 30 min from me. The rally started on a Thursday and went till Sunday. I made it Friday night at about 9:30. Here are some pics
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg

Drover

Adventurer
I'm sure there's a bunch of stuff I'm missing, cause I'm only listing the new items we installed, not any of the items that were salvageable from the donor truck. There's also dual batteries , optima yellow tops. Aux fuse box and on board airimage.jpg
Terrafirma gas tank skid and tranny t-case skidimage.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg
Skid pic and arb compressor pic is from old vehicle, I'll post current pics tomorrow

Howski

Quite the transformation in just 3 weeks. Seems like you've done some proactive things for it to last you a very long time. Enjoy the 35's, they're something not a lot of Disco owners have the opportunity to experience

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Haha... glad you finally got this up Drew.

For those who haven't seen this truck in person, the day he brought it to the VT overland rally you could eat a filet off any part of the vehicle, it was the cleanest disco I'd ever seen.

The next day he buried it twice up to the sliders in a swamp haha, Drew did not build this truck to show off how pretty it is.

Drover

Adventurer
Haha... glad you finally got this up Drew.

For those who haven't seen this truck in person, the day he brought it to the VT overland rally you could eat a filet off any part of the vehicle, it was the cleanest disco I'd ever seen.

The next day he buried it twice up to the sliders in a swamp haha, Drew did not build this truck to show off how pretty it is.
Haha , thanks Zach! In hindsight, that probably wasn't the smartest idea! I had just completed the initial 60 mile break-in , and drove it straight to the rally. She only had like 80 miles on her when I did that. There's something about running 35s that makes you do dumb ********!image.jpg
Aside from that, I've actually done some proper wheeling
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

rokrawlr

Observer
Great lookin' rig! Love the flux capacitor switch! Also kudos to all involved on the quick turn-around from broken soccer mom-mobile to trail monster.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
This thing is epic in person, and I can vouch for the 300 hp making this thing sound awesome and go like stink! Great build Drew. Looking forward to seeing it in action over the next few yrs as you dial it in. Rock on...

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
You're nuts Drew, no diff guard on that run???
UlEhJKx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven