04' DII build

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Sorry to hear about the old ride, but damn the new truck is nice dude! One of the best looking rigs I've ever seen.

Makes me miss my DII a bit :)

Drover

Adventurer
Sorry to hear about the old ride, but damn the new truck is nice dude! One of the best looking rigs I've ever seen.

Makes me miss my DII a bit :)

Thanks man! Long time no hear. See you're still lurking around the rover threads! Lol , you'll be back in one again some day. How's the frontier working out for ya?

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
You are the reason I recommended Drew talk to CV8.

thanks Zack....

Drew I am interested in doing the same or a similar exhaust to get some sound ..... "Steven is also responsible for the y-pipe modification. He had the cats cut out , welded in straight pipe , and then had it ceramic coated. It sounds phenominal paired with the NRP exhaust."

Questions
no cats ? what about emission? I guess the Cats could be left on to pass emissions...
O2 sensor delete? has the computer tolerated this?
thanks
David

Last edited:

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Thanks man! Long time no hear. See you're still lurking around the rover threads! Lol , you'll be back in one again some day. How's the frontier working out for ya?

Haha you guys can't get rid of me very easily!
I fully plan on taking on another Rover project one day. The next one will be a Series. Hopefully a SII-A. :D

I'm loving the new truck! Not to hijack your thread with my pictures, but here she is as of a week ago:

f99e0d00-5ae4-49f5-bb48-13cffa38ad40_zpsf5427374.jpg

2" lift, 235/85 tires, light bar, snorkel, steering upgrades. Oh, and it's got a factory supercharger. :D Coming soon is an ARB bumper. Check out my build thread over in the Nissan section.

It's absolutely bulletproof. I like all the extra storage space and the fantastic reliability. In all the time I've owned it, I've had to: replace the AC dryer... and that's it. It's pretty capable too, able to take on just about everything I point it at. Doesn't quite have the sex appeal that my Disco had, but the Frontier is a great truck. Very nice highway ride, really tough, super reliable, good off road. Yeah, you could say it's working out pretty well. :)

Drover

Adventurer
Good to see someone else on 35's. Looks good!

Hey! How's the build been goin? Do you like the voyager rack? Yes, I love the 35's! Was reluctant at first but , everything's dialed in , and she cruises down the interstate 75mph like a dream. Off-road she's been more truck than I've ever experienced, (that I've owned personally)

aarcaris94

Hey! How's the build been goin? Do you like the voyager rack? Yes, I love the 35's! Was reluctant at first but , everything's dialed in , and she cruises down the interstate 75mph like a dream. Off-road she's been more truck than I've ever experienced, (that I've owned personally)

I'm just as happy with my rig right now on 35s I haven't been able to find it's limit or get it stuck. I just finished up my rear bumper with tire swing out too. Thanks again for the recommendation on the voyager rack really couldn't be happier with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drover

Adventurer
Just got the rte bumper today. Mocked it up, and discovered the winch can't be mounted without cutting the grill. I've got the Saudi grill, so I'm not too excited about cutting it. Think I found a solution though. It will fit behind the grill. I'll just have to rotate the drum end where the lever is , so it can be accessed from the bottom. Here are some quick pics, I'll update as it progresses.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Clivey

Very, very nice. :clapsmile

I've just picked-up a 2004 TD5 Auto ES Premium 7-seater (top of the UK range) but I think that front bumper would be ever so slightly illegal here (we're not allowed stingers)! :hehe:

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Aren't you also not allowed to have metal bumpers, or is that just on new vehicles?

94Discovery

Adventurer
Can you please take the mesurment from the edge of the bumper to the edge of the grill i want to know how much it protrudes from the truck .
Thanks
Naji.M

Clivey

Aren't you also not allowed to have metal bumpers, or is that just on new vehicles?

We're allowed winch bumpers but post 2007 (IIRC) not anything with a metal bar (e.g. A-bar) above the bumper. There's also a maximum weight for any headlight guards. - It's all a load of "pedestrian safety" BS from the bureaucrats in Brussels (the EU). - If I hit someone with my Discovery, which has a fully legal, genuine Land Rrover plastic/rubber A-bar, light guards and spot lights, they'll no doubt get completely mangled anyway. Especially so once I've lifted it.

Drover

Adventurer

Couple of updates. I've been out of town for the last week, but I've had my guys working on the the bumper, winch and light install while I was gone. I also removed the terrafirma radius arms because the caster correction wasn't enough for the lift. Had bill at rte fab up some 8 degree radius arms for me. View attachment 197886
View attachment 197887
I also added some recovery points, I didn't like the ones that were available from bill , so I had him build it without.View attachment 197889View attachment 197890
View attachment 197891View attachment 197892

Drover

Adventurer
Here's a couple of pics with it complete with grill reinstalledimage.jpgimage.jpg
I also stared fabbing up a rear tire carrier to fit up to a 37" tire. I'll post pics of that come Monday.

Drover

Adventurer
Adding more pics, for some reason ( which i'm not tech savy enough to fix) pics from previous post do not show
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chubbytaco