04' DII build

KyleT

Explorer
You are going to kill the rear door hinges with that tire on there. Other than that it looks like a rover on 35's.

acamato

Great looking DII. Do you still have the TJM bumper? If so, are you going to sell it? Let , me know if you are.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Great looking DII. Do you still have the TJM bumper? If so, are you going to sell it? Let , me know if you are.

hands off! that's the TJM I'm getting!

But this is the guy with those sliders if you're still interested. Yell at him to take photos!

homey

I just stumbled upon this thread... Wow, you've made yourself an amazing disco! Congrats and it makes we want a rover even more. Thanks for sharing!

Drover

Adventurer
I just stumbled upon this thread... Wow, you've made yourself an amazing disco! Congrats and it makes we want a rover even more. Thanks for sharing!

It's like having a hot girlfriend, lots of maintenance and money! Get an fj80

Drover

Adventurer
Beautiful Disco, hopefully I'll have the chance to check it out in person one day.

Goin to the stockmans show/cattlemen conference in Denver at the end of the month, then on to Sedona AZ. I was thinking of stopping by OJ when I was in town. I'll hit you guys up when I'm there.

Drover

Adventurer
Yes I do, Zachs got dibs on the bumper, but let me see where he's at on that. He told me you wanted the rte sliders off the old truck? Get my # from justin, he's got it. Give me a buzz

Drover

Adventurer
New update. Removed the AT drawers and installed the terrafirma drawers, made for the discovery. Honestly, not sure if I like em. They're bulletproof, that's for sure. But there's no positive stop when open, and they really don't fit like they should,(seeing that they were made specifically for that model.)I installed em anyway. Going to live with them till spring, maybe they'll grow on me?
Any way, here they are. Oh, these were sourced by Zach at Rovers North
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The other thing I discovered is, the mesh guard spacing is just right for molle attachments.
image.jpg
I've got some larger pouches on order, and I also saw that springtail has larger molle pouches for sale. Probably going to order some from them too.
For those of you who are not familiar , springtail is a company that sells attachments for fjcruisers, they have a whole system of attachments for fj's that take molle pouches.

94Discovery

Adventurer
New update. Removed the AT drawers and installed the terrafirma drawers, made for the discovery. Honestly, not sure if I like em. They're bulletproof, that's for sure. But there's no positive stop when open, and they really don't fit like they should,(seeing that they were made specifically for that model.)I installed em anyway. Going to live with them till spring, maybe they'll grow on me?
Any way, here they are. Oh, these were sourced by Zach at Rovers North
View attachment 204255

View attachment 204256
View attachment 204257
View attachment 204258
The other thing I discovered is, the mesh guard spacing is just right for molle attachments.
View attachment 204259
I've got some larger pouches on order, and I also saw that springtail has larger molle pouches for sale. Probably going to order some from them too.
For those of you who are not familiar , springtail is a company that sells attachments for fjcruisers, they have a whole system of attachments for fj's that take molle pouches.
How much did they cost you ? Was thinking building them myself but why bother if they are light and affordable .

Drover

Adventurer
How much did they cost you ? Was thinking building them myself but why bother if they are light and affordable .

$1200, and they are not light!!! One of the issues I have with them. They weigh 150lbs!! The AT drawers in my opinion are better suited for overland travel. The AT drawers are probably 15-20 lbs a piece? It just seems that at 150lbs, you've already eatin up a 1/2-1/3 of your potential payload? Like I said previously they're gonna stay till spring , at that point they may be up for sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven