04' DII build

Drover

Adventurer
Its shaky upon first start up and with occasionally put a pending misfire code on the UltraGauge. It smooths out as soon as any amount of power is applied.

...I'd have more miles if I didn't life on a freaking island... somewhere that had more places to go.
That will go away, mine did that the first day, but by that wkend I had already logged like 400 miles

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
That will go away, mine did that the first day, but by that wkend I had already logged like 400 miles

Thats exactly what Steve said to me. I put about 100 miles on the first day and then maybe another 40 the second before I changed the oil. Its definitely gotten smoother since the first day, but still throws the pending misfire from time to time (I think I've gotten the CEL once). I've been riding my bike into work because I wasn't sure about driving less than 2 miles and how that would affect the engine early on. I've been trying to make sure when I drive it I put at least a dozen or so miles on it before I shut it back down. But I love it so far.

Last edited:

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I'm slowly teaching him how to drive it. Really hard to under stand that "reverse vs. drive" theory. Oh well, what's a new winch line cost anyways? :)

Drover

Adventurer
I'm slowly teaching him how to drive it. Really hard to under stand that "reverse vs. drive" theory. Oh well, what's a new winch line cost anyways? :)

Yeah, teaching me how to drive. :) This comin from the guy who got stuck following my tracks after I broke trail , and had to winch.

Drover

Adventurer
DroverRover how is the 04 coming along? See you went a little Jap on us as well :Wow1:

Not many new improvements, performance wise. I kinda took care of all that when I built it. I did blow my rear locker snatching an 80ft long tractor trailer combo. But besides the replacement locker, nothing new. Made a few interior upgrades. Mantec shelves and rear door grates.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

And yes, I did go full blown rice burner , sorry! I've always wanted one , and the opportunity came up, and I grabbed it.image.jpg
image.jpg

But she does look good in the line up
image.jpg
image.jpg

I will say, when I pulled the final truck into place......
The heavens opened
I heard Gabriel's Trumpet
And angels cried
LOL

dcarr1971

Adventurer
Love the Mantec shelf and door grates. You import them yourself, or are they available from one of the Rover parts outfits here in the US?

Drover

Adventurer
GaAlpinaowner- hey, look at what my uncle just bought! Thought of you as soon as he texted me pics.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
It's a 99' , with 80k on the clock, truck #7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven