04' DII build

Drover

Adventurer
Great lookin' rig! Love the flux capacitor switch! Also kudos to all involved on the quick turn-around from broken soccer mom-mobile to trail monster.
Thanks , like I said , the main reason for this thread was to promote the purveyors who supplied the parts. Although not involved in this build, Larry from dirtyparts.com is the one you can source these great laser etched switches from. I actually stopped in and visited with him on my trip out west.image.jpg
I enjoy meeting the people that you end up spending so much time on the phone with, trying to sort out a build. Larry was a great guy. Also , he's a great source for maxtraxx and trasharoos, always in stock. I've noticed that during my two builds (white rover and green) , that we live in a day and age where the brick and mortar shops are becoming extinct. I much rather deal with someone who actually is a business owner, and doesn't just drop ship items. I go out of my way to spend money with those types of operations.
Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox!

Drover

Adventurer
You're nuts Drew, no diff guard on that run???
UlEhJKx.jpg
Uh.... Yeah! You know me, I'm impatient ! I couldn't wait any longer to get her out hard! They're comin next week. Anyway, it's easy, just don't hit any rocks with your diff! Famous last words, I'll probably be calling you on Monday for more parts! :-/

Drover

Adventurer
This thing is epic in person, and I can vouch for the 300 hp making this thing sound awesome and go like stink! Great build Drew. Looking forward to seeing it in action over the next few yrs as you dial it in. Rock on...

Thanks Bryon! Again, it was good seeing you at the rally. Hopefully we can get the old team together for next years VOT! Can't wait to run the new disco in it!

Drover

Adventurer
Your Disco makes me jealous. How is the CV8 working out? I was considering one of their engines when my engine went.

It's been awesome! I never knew that a disco could have so much power. I'll have to admit, I was skeptical, I was on the fence about cannibal when I was looking. There's a lot of ******** chat on the web about them. But after a few phone calls with Steven and actually reading post from people who had the motors, not just people spreading rumors. I was convinced that this was the direction I wanted to go. Steven is by far the most knowledgable guy I've met when it comes to rover motors. Customer service was great, he'll give you his personal cell # , and always answers. And believe me, I was on the phone with him multiple times a week during the build. He turned the build of the engine in three weeks. I was pretty impressed. Steven is also responsible for the y-pipe modification. He had the cats cut out , welded in straight pipe , and then had it ceramic coated. It sounds phenominal paired with the NRP exhaust.
Again, I would not hesitate to recommend CV8 to anyone looking to swap their motor. Probably one of the best additions to his build.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
That engine is amazing, drove up the steepest hill there on 35s in high-gear with ease.

Drover

Adventurer
Quite the transformation in just 3 weeks. Seems like you've done some proactive things for it to last you a very long time. Enjoy the 35's, they're something not a lot of Disco owners have the opportunity to experience

Thanks! Yes, after losing a truck to a rotten frame, I guess I obsessed about it on this one. The way I saw it at the time was, I had to pull everything apart, why not spend a little extra time on the potential trouble spots. It was a little over the top , I will admit. The frame was in great shape when I bought, that's why I bought it.image.jpgimage.jpg

As far as the 35s, I'm lovin em! And yes, I can see why most disco owners don't get a chance to experience them. They don't fit! Haha , even with 6" of lift , caster corrected and lengthened arms , I was still rubbing. We didnt discover this till the day of the rally! They fit in the wheel well, but you couldn't steer it! One of my guys suggested cutting the fender. But with all the time and attention to detail that was put into it , it just seemed weak to trim body panels. So.... We cut the frame mount for the front radius arms , and moved it forward an 1 1/2" . I was a little nervous about it , but it turn out great.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Last two pics are before and after on the fender clearance .

Drover

Adventurer
Just been doing some last minute touches on the rover. Hood blackout installed and new hood lettersimage.jpgimage.jpg
Also we were able to reinstall my Saudi spec mesh grill. A little trimming and it fit good as newimage.jpg
Also have a shot of the terrafirma gas tank skidimage.jpg

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
That engine is amazing, drove up the steepest hill there on 35s in high-gear with ease.

Well hopefully after I'm done building up the ole Merc engine I hope to do the same. If I can't get what I want out of it, I see an twincharger in my future!

Again, your Disco looks amazing. Excellent job.

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
It's been awesome! I never knew that a disco could have so much power. I'll have to admit, I was skeptical, I was on the fence about cannibal when I was looking. There's a lot of ******** chat on the web about them. But after a few phone calls with Steven and actually reading post from people who had the motors, not just people spreading rumors. I was convinced that this was the direction I wanted to go. Steven is by far the most knowledgable guy I've met when it comes to rover motors. Customer service was great, he'll give you his personal cell # , and always answers. And believe me, I was on the phone with him multiple times a week during the build. He turned the build of the engine in three weeks. I was pretty impressed. Steven is also responsible for the y-pipe modification. He had the cats cut out , welded in straight pipe , and then had it ceramic coated. It sounds phenominal paired with the NRP exhaust.
Again, I would not hesitate to recommend CV8 to anyone looking to swap their motor. Probably one of the best additions to his build.

I totally agree 100% ...the best swap period end.

BTW nice $&%^@ Build!

Lono

Adventurer
I was all over this truck at the ORW. Probably the nicest DII in the country. Really. Show quality execution in a truck built to be run.

Steve

Drover

Adventurer
I was all over this truck at the ORW. Probably the nicest DII in the country. Really. Show quality execution in a truck built to be run.

Steve

Thanks Steve! When are you comin to get my extra parts! Ended up having 2 wk old terra firma springs I'm not gonna use. And a whole bunch of other stuff!
Damn you Zach!!!!!!
Zach will wait until I install something and then say "hey, you really should have bought this"
And it will be nice and shiny , and I buy it! So..... I have a bunch of items that literally were on the truck in the garage, and never saw the street/trail, and I took em off!!
All joking aside, if it wasn't for Zach's suggestions, the truck wouldn't have turned out so nicely.
Thanks again zach

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven