04 Disco towing Conqueror

scottma

Observer
Does anyone tow a Conqueror Base Camp with their Disco? Would like to know how well they tow and if they have modified their Disco suspension ie HD springs?

scottma

Observer
Does anyone tow a Conqueror Base Camp with their Disco? Would like to know how well they tow and if they have modified their Disco suspension ie HD springs?

ok forget Conqueror......how well does a Discovery II tow an off road trailer?

RonL

Adventurer
I will start this.....Who told you that? and you can't believe everything you hear.

I have pulled a version of a 416 with my Disco1, on and offraod. My Disco did better pulling offroad then on.

What are your concerns?
Why do you think you would have problems, have you towed anything with the Disco2?

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I am finishing a M101 with Flippac and will use the D-I and D-II without concern. Both have +2" OME and the D-I has D-90 front brake upgrade. The D-II is rated to tow 5k I believe. The on highway is tougher d/t braking, offroad it will do fine. I used a 130 Tdi to pull my Base Camp

Paladin

Banned
I tow something similar to the Conqueror. Mine is about 2000lbs. It's a non-issue, other than the obvious standard towing concerns. The truck doesn't have a lot of power, so you gotta expect to drive slower, with lots of downshifting on hills. It's not as stable as say... a Suburban due to the wheelbase. But then the steering and braking is so much better on a Disco than it's contemporaries, that helps. The D2 also has a generously sized transmission cooler.

In my opinion, whoever told you that (and I can imagine...) is wrong, it's completely fine.

Last edited:

leeawalden

Adventurer
Nope, can't pull an off road trailer. Notice how it sits stationary.

021-6.jpg

How did you keep everything from rolling downhill??

scottma

Observer
Now thats more like it.

You might note I posted twice and had over 40 views without response so.....................I felt I had to say something to get a response. Looks like it worked.

A sincere thank you to the serious responses my last post prompted. For the rest of you comedians............:victory:

mfreeman17

Observer
A few pics towing my basecamp, I have 3" HD rovertym springs

Attachments

• DSC01806.JPG
    DSC01806.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 155518_500556188141_625558141_7140464_457329_n.jpg
    155518_500556188141_625558141_7140464_457329_n.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 80

DueNrth

Here is an old one from one of my NC trips of my G4 (Sold) towing my Compact. Towed it thousands of miles, no issues at all. (Keep the bearings greased :elkgrin:

ExPo%20Photos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk