1.5" OME Info

ChewBaca

Hello,

I have an appointment with Slee this friday to get a 2.5" Med Lift Installed. I have an 06 with 210K and the AHC is starting to have issues. I really enjoyed that option but after towing my camper + a family of 5 its finally wore out. After thinking things over, I am now leaning towards a 1.5" Heavy Lift. I will not be adding steel bumpers anytime soon and most of my off roading is pretty minor. The reason for the Heavy lift is due to my camper.

I was hoping to see a few pics of a 1.5" Heavy lift from those of you who have this set up. Also, please post your tire size as well.

Thanks,
Chewy

ExPo4Runner

Land Cruiser Fanatic
I'll just throw in my .02 cents. As mentioned on mud, I think you will be far happier with the medium setup and air bags. There's just too much versatility with that setup, not to mention the softer ride. The heavy will be far too jarring and rough without any weight. It will handle good when your towing, but that will be the only time, this is because the OME heavy setup is meant for a heavy constant load. With the mediums and air bags you get a softer ride and you are able to adjust the air bags to change the ride height when towing.

ChewBaca

Hey ExPo.. Thanks for the response. I am leaning more towards your suggestions. I didn't know much about airbags but after seeing a few vids and reading up on them it does sound like the right choice for me and for what I use my LC for. Eventually when the kids get older I would like to turn this into my expedition rig and a RTT attached. I still have a few years before that can happen. I was hoping to see a few pics of a 1.5" lift and what tire packages folks are running. There isn't much of a difference in price between a 2.5 or a 1.5, well let me rephrase that. It depends if i don't add the UCAs for the 1.5 lift from Slee. I will keep searching and hopefully find what I am looking for, thanks for the response on here and on mud, take care and have a good one.

kuh

I have a 98 that needs the suspension updated.

How much is slee charging to remove the ahc and install the ome setup?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3