100 Series Land Cruiser (Equipt Built)

jjstahl3

Explorer
Fog relay replaced now all lights work again

azu5ygyj.jpg

Kurt 100 series don't have viscous coupler.(besides mine which was swapped)
That said, matching tire height is still a good idea.

How different are the tread depths (major OD) on the front to rear tires? Keep in mind it isn't recommended to run them with much difference at all as the viscous coupler in the transfer case takes the abuse when done so. At that I'd go ahead and replace them so they are all near identical in condition and more importantly OD. Could make all the difference with buyers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Kurt 100 series don't have viscous coupler.(besides mine which was swapped)
That said, matching tire height is still a good idea..

I'll be, for some reason I though the early 98/99 ones had it but I looked at the EPC and sure enough it's standard center diff. Carry on :D

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Such an incredible vehicle. I would LOVE to get my hands on her. I wish I was still in AZ. What kind of MPG is it currently getting? Just curious?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
gets a solid 13 MPG better when driving downhill :)

its slightly more than I'm getting in my Jeep right now. I'm seriously considering pursuing the logistics of getting this in my driveway. Ive always had a soft spot for this vehicle. Especially knowing that I can get my wife to join me in my adventures because of the room and comfort level. I'll be in touch. ��

jjstahl3

Explorer
operators standing by - willing to help pick you up at john wayne airport or assist in getting it loaded on a trailer for shipping - I went from a spartan 110 to this for the wife but the reality is I should have just kept the 110 now I want one back - but yes cruising at 70 with the A/C on listening to the radio and actually able to hear it is nice

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
operators standing by - willing to help pick you up at john wayne airport or assist in getting it loaded on a trailer for shipping - I went from a spartan 110 to this for the wife but the reality is I should have just kept the 110 now I want one back - but yes cruising at 70 with the A/C on listening to the radio and actually able to hear it is nice

I'm sure. My LJ is the same. Noisy as hell.. when I built her it wasn't with passenger comfort in mind, as I always traveled solo to my AZ back country jaunts. Sadly if I'm able to get this from you I'll likely have to sell the Jeep. We shall see....

PM sent.

jjstahl3

Explorer
I'm sure. My LJ is the same. Noisy as hell.. when I built her it wasn't with passenger comfort in mind, as I always traveled solo to my AZ back country jaunts. Sadly if I'm able to get this from you I'll likely have to sell the Jeep. We shall see....

PM sent.

Totally forgot that you were east coast time wrote you a long email but your box is full will give you a call on monday - happy easter!

Off-Road Rider

Hi, I know you are serious about your position, but I am in the opposite position as you. I am putting together an expo vehicle to go on longer moto rides. I recently put a tall utility shell on my pickup (for sleeping) and carry the bike on a hitch rail. I have never been fond of this set up, but so far all is well. Just thought I would add for what it is worth. Happy Easter to you and all - Amen.

jjstahl3

Explorer
I too have put my Moto on a hitch rail but that makes access to the rear drawers etc totally inaccessible with the bike on there for stops and unless it's my final stop can be a pain to get stuff out of the back I was tempted to just ditch the drawer setup but I think keeping the truck together is the right way to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven