12 volt water heating options for cooking?

Looking for suggestions for quality 12 volt water heating devices for use while on the go.

Just looking to heat up water for coffee/tea, or heating a meal pack.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

MiamiC70

Looking for suggestions for quality 12 volt water heating devices for use while on the go.

Just looking to heat up water for coffee/tea, or heating a meal pack.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Fire Maple Jet Boil knock off on Amazon for $60 and you’re done. Boils water in 2 minutes or less.

I'm considering and exploring the use of the single induction burner. Inexpensive, clean, relatively safe and quite efficient. Will try it out this season to scope out the down sides.

emulous74

In my experience it would take a really long time to heat water off a 12 volt circuit, look at the geyser system it takes 45 minutes to an hour to heat that small amount of water to 110 degrees. For your purposes that you stated a jet boil style burner is going to be the fastest and most efficient way to heat the water for your needs.

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
The energy to heat 1 liter of water from 20ºC to 100ºC = 330Kj = 91Wh at sea level.
That is approximately 150A to heat 1 liter in 3 minutes.
Or 36A to heat 1 cup of water from 20º to 100º in 3 minutes.

NorthEnuf

I use a 27 ounce Bodum goose neck kettle for pour over coffee and instant oatmeal. It's a 1000 watt kettle and takes approx 3 minutes to bring a full kettle to a boil. I have not had any problems running it off of my inverter and 320 amp hr battery bank. I find this much faster and more convenient than using my diesel cooktop when I'm just looking for a quick hot beverage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger