1978 dodge explorer 4x4 camper van rv

Vobile

Observer
okay here we go, first off please only contact me via text message. @ 909-230-0341 . I can'not and will not respond to phone calls or emails. thank you.

This is a super long post so please read the whole thing , I will try to explain in detail the condition ..

price is $6000.00 usd. I do not need to sell , and I do not want to sell, but I need 6000 bucks for an opportunity that I shouldn't pass up. with that said please read on if you are interested. please look up prices on sportsmobiles , earth roamers, any 4x4 van, or expedition type camper. you will see how valuable this rig could be. and by the way this van has taken me and my family on many, many, of the same type expedition adventures that those high dollar rigs go on.

what you see here for sale is a rare 1978 dodge B300 one ton chassis explorer 221 class b motor home , 4x4 conversion by pathfinder. you will never see another one like this, and if you do , please let me know so I can have something to compare it to.

A little info off the top of my head....... 1978 dodge b300 4x4 conversion by pathfinder 400ci big block v8 . around 70,000 mi. runs strong. fully self contained rv by explorer motorhomes Frank industries . 30 gallon fresh water tank grey water same ? shower bath toilet combo, Propane stove, Propane fridge, hot water heater, sink, rear bed fits me and wife I am 5' 11" . A table that removes for another small bed. 4000 watt inverter. NO onboard generator. (I always brought one with the trailer). tows great. It has ajustable firestone air bags in the rear to level the van when parked or change the ride hight when towing. .) 17 inch moto metal rims with 32 inch firestone mud terrains 10 ply !!!.. big industrial ladder rack. currently in the process of sandblasting all old paint off van and primering the bare metal, about half way done ,

of course with any old rv from the 70's there will be stuff that needs constant tinkering, but that's part of the excitement and nostalgia of owning one.

Now this thing will fire right up and take you wherever you want to go Right Now, however, it could use front shocks . it takes 4 up front, but only two are on there now, so it's a bouncy ride. it has 4:10 gear ratio so top speed is like 55 at a comfortable rpm. it will go faster but the rpms are way high. I personally don't mind 55 while towing trailers... it's the law anyways. I have towed a jeep quad and all camping gear and firewood a couple times on a big heavy flatbed estimated @ about 8000lbs. , it did great. most other times was towing a small utility trailer with quads or sand rail. the 4x4 works great . it does kind of grind for a second when shifting from 2 wheel to 4 wheel, but that may be operator error because it only does it sometimes. other than that it drives , tows, and stops just fine. 4low will take u anywhere. Never been stuck, even with heavy trailers through super soft glamis sand... I have two mud terrain spare tires on the original 16.5" rims but they are not mounted to the van. I just put them on the trailer. . it still passes California's smog !! I get scared every two years, but so far so good..

So as far as the camper parts, I will try to explain how it is. some stuff is rigged up just to work for our dezert trips. it can work for you as well but that's up to you. for example, there is a harbor freight inverter wired up to a house battery. it works but rigged up. we would just plug in a portable generator most of the time. the refrigerator is tiny and only gets cool. Never really got cold since we had it, but it works great for coffee creamer and veggies etc. we always brought big ice chests on trips. the stove works great, the sink shower and hot water heater work awsome . the toilet is a cassette portable toilet. however I bought a brand new rv toilet that needs to be installed. the plumbing is already there. the grey water tank sat right above the exhaust pipe and eventually melted some holes in it. So whenever we use sink or shower, the water just trickles out onto the ground. not a big deal in death valley, but if u are at a state beach , it should be patched up .

So I'm looking for two potential type of new owner's.. one would be a guy like me who can just fix things as they go, and make it work for your application. and the other would be someone with enough money to turn it into one of the coolest rigs on the planet. either way it has served my family for 12 years of at least 4 trips a year, and I know whoever it goes to will have just as many expedition adventures if not more.

here are some ideas that I planned on doing to make this an extremely valuable rig... if I had more spendable income.... lol. Install on board gen set, there is a cubby in back that had one at one time., hook up dual six volt battrys ,. build custom off road type roof rack.. get new frige. custom bumpers and spare tire holders., paint job. possible Cummins swap, interior updated, etc.

text for more information 909-230-0341

tags : backwoods expedition unimog earthroamer earth roamer sportsmobile Westphalia vw camper camper van 4x4 van dodge Cummins mopar big block 400 440 4 wheel drive jeep xj wrangler tj off road bug out prepping prepper shtf Quigley pathfinder ujoint u joint sports mobile camping rv motor home motorhome off grid solar wind bunker

Vobile

Observer
I took a few interior pictures. Please understand that we just got back from Mojave desert and we have not cleaned it out yet. To be honest we usually do not clean her out till a week before our next trip. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete