1988 1 ton suburban buildup

coreys88burban

Adventurer
i found me a complete low mile 5.3 for $500 and might get it. what are you doing for the throttle setup? i was thinking of getting an LS1 throttle body intake and throttle cable so i dont need the drive by wire stuff. also did you get a 5.3 trucks fuse panel or are you using yours? will the 5.3 oil pan clear our crossmember? (ORD has some for $200- i wonder how it would work?)- do we need to get setback motor mounts or custom flexplates or a flexplate spacer?..lots of questions i know; but if you can answer some id appreciate it!

Silverado

Adventurer
Drive by wire started in 2003, so a 99-02 truck TB will work. I would keep the truck intake because you will lose lowend torque with the car unit. 6.0's are usually a few bucks more

Last edited:

xpndbl3

Adventurer
i found me a complete low mile 5.3 for $500 and might get it. what are you doing for the throttle setup? i was thinking of getting an LS1 throttle body intake and throttle cable so i dont need the drive by wire stuff. also did you get a 5.3 trucks fuse panel or are you using yours? will the 5.3 oil pan clear our crossmember? (ORD has some for $200- i wonder how it would work?)- do we need to get setback motor mounts or custom flexplates or a flexplate spacer?..lots of questions i know; but if you can answer some id appreciate it!

I bought a cable driven harness and cable truck intake and truck throttle body. The drive by wire intakes are different and would need some vacuum stuff plugged up whereas it's on the cable driven throttle body. I just need to buy a long throttle cable and I'm set, some guys mod the ls1 camaro ones. Oil pan is fine, the 1" setback mounts are usually the best to use, they're plates you bolt stock clamshells onto.

lots of info on google, etc.

jturkey69

Observer
beautiful truck!! this is what our family needs!!!...soo...wanna trade for a budget pro-touring cutlass project?..lol.
anyways..on to your rig...im very new to the expo scene, and still trying to figure out all the acronyms, but I always dream of this monster black suburban in the deep snow when I start packing the kids in my lil modded caprice wagon everyday
apologies to the owner if he is a member here...this truck is just something a family with 6 kids like us needs:victory:

Attachments

• 1990-chevrolet-suburban-46-xmas125.jpg
    1990-chevrolet-suburban-46-xmas125.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 198

xpndbl3

Adventurer
what would you like to see pics of ?

and as to the cutlass, probably not I already have a camaro that I race/show all the time.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
XP, everything about that Burb looks great. I would like to see close-ups of the suspension, motor, interior, or maybe even a build thread. That truck looks nice!:victory:

TKSC01

Adventurer
Congrats!

I hope I am not mistaken, but I cant believe there are more then one 'burbs THIS AMAZING!

Congratulations on your truck being on the cover of Petersons! Please tell me I'm not wrong!

coreys88burban

Adventurer
that burb in the snow live around here some place. I hope to see it someday, he has lots of videos on youtube. it has a built up 454 and 46" baja claws with double beadlocks and that thin will go anywhere in the snow it looks like.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Corey, please feel free to post any videos of the `Burb´in mention, or any other `Burbs´that you might feel need our attention....P.S. dont you just love that word, `BURB´ ?:wings::friday::bigbossHL::D:yikes:

Little Red

Adventurer
beautiful truck!! this is what our family needs!!!...

XP, everything about that Burb looks great. I would like to see close-ups of the suspension, motor, interior, or maybe even a build thread. That truck looks nice!:victory:

Buy yourself the May 2011 issue of Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road magazine, it is featured in there with multiple pictures. They are all over the internet too if you do a Google picture search.
The article mentioned it is owned by a guy in South Dakota, not Washington.

jturkey69

Observer
Buy yourself the May 2011 issue of Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road magazine, it is featured in there with multiple pictures. They are all over the internet too if you do a Google picture search.
The article mentioned it is owned by a guy in South Dakota, not Washington.
Yes sir, I already have that issue, and have followed his vids, and pics for a couple years now...I have always loved, and owned a "brick" burb, and then went to the excursion diesel. starting over again, and trying to trade our mild custom kid hauler lt1 wagon for a 4x4 "brick" burb as we speak. :smiley_drive:

jturkey69

Observer
WOOOT!!!..we are joining the ranks of "Brick Burb" owners!...its a 1/2 ton, but its a start!...I found a few in Il on craigslist, and emailed a few in WI, but finally found a buddy looking for the room of a burb, in a quick 14 sec package...lol our 94 caprice lt1/th350 wagon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL