1991 Range Rover Hunter Value?

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
What do you think a 1991 Range Rover Hunter is worth? I has 150K miles on it. No rust or body damage. Interior is perfect, good motor with no leaks. Completely stock otherwise.

The only options are AC, Power Windows, Power Locks

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
If its truly rust free, clean, and original it could be worth closer to $7k. The market is climbing on these things. So many of them got scrapped or beaten to a pulp off road that an honest one will demand a high price.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Junk is still worthless but inventory of clean, original Range Rovers is incredibly low. If you have a real gem and can afford to wait for the right buyer, you are in a very good position.

spikemd

Explorer
They are worth more in a clean stock form. They rust really bad though, so keep it away from salt. Here in CA, there are examples for under 1k and over 10k. All depends on how it looks. As stated, good examples are getting hard to find.

pics??

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I see the market declining. Rust free 93 in Maine was going for around $2300 or so. There's a slightly rusty one in our yard for $2000 or less.

Howski

I see the market declining. Rust free 93 in Maine was going for around $2300 or so. There's a slightly rusty one in our yard for $2000 or less.

They're crazy expensive down here. Many (albeit in good shape) over $10,000

rijosho

Adventurer
Junk is still worthless but inventory of clean, original Range Rovers is incredibly low. If you have a real gem and can afford to wait for the right buyer, you are in a very good position.

Oh yeah I'm not talking about rust buckets here. I'm talking about the really nice ones. Dealers that were asking $16k for 1995 RRCs last year have been asking closer to $12k recently, with the exception of Copley of course. There seemed to be a short period of time where a ton of people were looking for clean RRCs, and as happend with that, a ton of crappy ones were also trading higher (and some of course asking clean prices for rust buckets) and it's since slowed a bit from what I've seen.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Well that's also to mention that 95s are so much more valuable than anything prior(with a few exceptions)

JackW

Explorer
Which color is it? Hunters only came in four colors and the Arran Beige is somewhat polarizing - you either like it or you don't. White and green are more common and more popular (I had a green one) - red is a little more rare but it fades badly (so does the green).

According to one of the guys from LRNA who i met at an early Mid-Atlantic Rally the 1991 Hunter was one of the best Range Rovers ever sold in the USA. There were only a few hundred of them made and the lack of some of the more troubling features of its more expensive siblings (sunroof, power seats, ABS, sway bars, front spoiler, and leather interior) made it a better truck to own. It had the improved front brakes, electrical system and air conditioning of the other 91 models and the cloth interior is very nice.

Sometimes I wish I had kept mine but I replaced it with a D-90.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I have to put a new transmission in it. so i think its worth it.

Check the transfer case when you do this - by now it is very likely that the viscous center diff has failed. Not a big deal if it never goes off pavement, but it makes the truck effectively 1 wheel drive in slippery stuff.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I had a 89 RRC SWB and bought it for 3900 and sold it for 3700, then purchased it again 2 years later for 2300, cleaned it up [for about 500 dollars] and sold it for 4600. Its all about timing, the market, and who sees your advertisement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach