1995 Chevy Tahoe 4X4 - Adventure Rig Build

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Dave, Tahoe is looking good!! Where did you get those LED interior lights? Are they just a direct replacement?
Thanks bud! :) I got the dome lights from Amazon. Yes direct fit. Pull out the existing, put in the new, point the four LED's down with the back fins up towards the roof.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RFDE4U/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

..wait.. are you talking the Dome LED's or the blue gauge LED's?

This is one good looking suburban
Thanks! Assuming... you mean Tahoe? :sombrero:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
And for those interested in these lights.. I finally got around to properly aiming them tonight. I have to be honest, the beam pattern and cut-off and everything is amazingly good for these lights. WAY better than my stock setup was. :D I'm very happy with it.
I can see very well at night, and I know I'm not blinding the people in front of me on the streets. :)

From outside:

11973772974_ca7bd0d33b_c.jpg

From inside:

11973768444_36284a65c7_c.jpg

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:what a huge increase in brightness there Chev. The whole set-up looks great and is super functional. Cheers, Chilli.:)

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Wow:Wow1:what a huge increase in brightness there Chev. The whole set-up looks great and is super functional. Cheers, Chilli.:)

Thanks Chilli! Yeah, it will definitely do for my road driving. I'll now have to keep my eyes open for some type of auxiliary lights for when it becomes more of an Adventure vehicle and less of a road queen. :D

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Looking great buddy! The factory grill gives it such a much more mature appearance. I can’t understand why people put those hideous aftermarket grills in anything. My favorite grill to hate is what the white sunglass wearing, overly tattooed, pierced, ears tucked in their flat bill hat type guys do to late model trucks with mesh, aircraft looking rivets and big stars. What the hell goes through some of these guys’ heads!

The OEM grill looks nice! Hope the ole girl is running well now for you too.

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Looking great buddy! The factory grill gives it such a much more mature appearance. I can't understand why people put those hideous aftermarket grills in anything. My favorite grill to hate is what the white sunglass wearing, overly tattooed, pierced, ears tucked in their flat bill hat type guys do to late model trucks with mesh, aircraft looking rivets and big stars. What the hell goes through some of these guys' heads!

The OEM grill looks nice! Hope the ole girl is running well now for you too.

Thanks man! Haha I hear ya Larry. I haven't yet come to understand those grills either. But oh well.. to each his own. :)

Yeah, she's running pretty well right now. The only thing keeping me from taking her out on a trip are the tires right now. They are a little old and cracked.

All four have this going:

10220098315_2ca5526ff1_z.jpg

Planning on new tires in Feb (maybe March) and then I'll be up for maybe making a maiden voyage somewhere outside my city limits. :D

Last edited:

Shawn686

Observer
I decided to install one of my early Christmas presents today for my little rig.. LED lights for the instrument cluster.

11540329365_daf6bba0aa_c.jpg

Can you post the bulb info and the place you bought them? That is the exact color I want for mine.

Also is anyone interested is being my middle man for those headlights? The eaby store wont ship to Canada :safari-rig::26_7_2:

Thanks

Shawn

Last edited:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Hey there.. those LED's I put in the dash were from this set.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047ROXOG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I only needed 6 for the dash, however, the other two went into the footwells just for the fun of it for when I open my doors to get in.. :D

11939058145_d9034579f7_c.jpg

On a related LED lighting note; I finished my interior LED conversion of the doors and MAP lights to go with my Dome lights.
Everything is now LED bright white and it's night and day difference when I open my doors. I LOVE it. :D So handy to actually be able to see in your vehicle when you open the doors.

12004353514_8df3df6136_c.jpg

Side by side on the Map lights

12004292173_d970e46caa_z.jpg

All together now.

12316218174_e9ff28032a_c.jpg

These guys went in the door lights.

12004001725_2556c74dd3_z.jpg

Last edited:

colierar

Observer
I was wondering if you could give me a link for the map and door lights. I already ordered the dome lights off of Amazon. Thanks for the info. I like the new grill, I've been torn about turning my GMC into a Chevy. Looks good.

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
I was wondering if you could give me a link for the map and door lights. I already ordered the dome lights off of Amazon. Thanks for the info. I like the new grill, I've been torn about turning my GMC into a Chevy. Looks good.

Sure.. Door lights here. MAP lights are here.
The door lights have more of a 360 directional output of LEDs for more of an area type of light. The MAP lights are your standard forward facing LED bulbs for more of the spot light approach.

My trucks previous owner had taken it from standard Chevy and fitted a GMC grill on it (it actually IS a Chevy Tahoe, not a GMC Yukon). I prefer the Chevy look, so I brought it back to standard. :)

Boy, looking at that GMC grill on your Chebby just felt odd!!! I only prefer the GMC grills if the outer trim is body color. Mine is green with chrome insert around the center grill section that is black. The billet bar look is much too common anymore.

What's wrong with the big silver stars? I love them almost as much as I love the Malteese Cross!!

Larry, you forgot to mention the sticker left on the hat's bill....I always want to rip off their hats and fold the bill into a squared channel like I run my own.

Lets see some interior pictures and plans!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy