1996 4runner expo build

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Recently sold my 89 4runner with blazeland long travel so I could purchase a 3rd gen 4runner instead. Got married in September and decided I will eventually want 4doors so instead of continuing to mod the 1st gen I sold it. I was able to sell it for the cost of upgrading to a 1996 4runner limted with rear elocker.

New 4runner

Planned Mods:
- 4xinnovations front bumper (installed)
- 4xinnovations rear bumper (installed)
- 265/75/16 bfg at ko2 (installed 10/14)
- Rock sliders
- ICON stage 5 (installed 1/26/16)
- RTT
- ARB cooler
- Onboard shower
- Hid retrofit (Installed fx-r)
- Super charger
- Bud built skids
- Possibly 5speed swap

Last edited:

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Rig is in exceptional shape for the age with zero stains in any of the carpet. First thing I did was order weathertech floor mats for the front, rear seats, and cargo area. Ordered new upper and lower ball joints and will be installing them this weekend.

odomandr

Observer
When you plan to do the icon? I have something you may he interested in. Pm me if it is soon

Sent from my SM-N910T

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Upgraded the tires yesterday to 265.75/16 BFG AT Ko2. Tires are load range E, but I don't feel like they ride too much worse than the revo's I had on before. Definitely can tell they are a heavier tire though. This will be my first time not having actual mud tires on my rigs so will see how I like them. Figured I will be putting a lot of road miles on my this rig and with a winch having mud tires just seemed to be a waste.

Not much else to update until front and rear bumpers from 4xinnovations arrive.

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Took advantage of black friday deals coming up and put my order in for Icon Stage 5 suspension for the 4runner. :Wow1::wings:
Front and Rear 4xinnovations bumper should be shipped within a week.

bighoff

Looks good.
excited to see the bumpers. Just ordered sliders from 4xinnovations for my 2000 sport.
Is the weight of the tires significant? I'm trying to decide between those and the cooper at3 in load c.

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Looks good.
excited to see the bumpers. Just ordered sliders from 4xinnovations for my 2000 sport.
Is the weight of the tires significant? I'm trying to decide between those and the cooper at3 in load c.

Coopers weight 13lbs lighter per tire, but 2ply sidewall. I prefer the strength over weight savings and driving on E-rated tires I am unable to notice a difference in ride quality

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Bumpers have been shipped and will be here on wednesday. I will be installing them next weekend :wings:
Icon stage 5 kit should be shipping out in about 3 weeks

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
Bumpers have been shipped and will be here on wednesday. I will be installing them next weekend :wings:
Icon stage 5 kit should be shipping out in about 3 weeks

Congrats! I have the stage 5 on my 4Runner and had issues with the UCA hitting the hard fitting for the reservoir line. When I had the driver's side CO on the driver's side it was hitting at ride height. I had to swap the COs left to right and after doing that it still hits, but only at about the last 1/2" of travel. I am curious to see which style of fitting the send you for the reservoir line, as I have seen about 4 different ones so far. If yours clear, I'll have to get that style to replace mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl