1996 Jeep XJ "Betty" Build Thread

stolz

Adventurer
Was having a some funny noises come from the rear driveline, looks like I found my problem.
10407001_10203810889249933_6386076335607198353_n.jpg

stangcolts

Great story awesome XJ!!! I too have a 1988 XJ as other mentioned!!! I have a few mods done to it 8 1/2inch RE lift and I'm running 33'' Goodyears getting ready to go to 35's!!!

uber

Observer
been running a lokka lunchbox in my d30 for a couple months now and can barely hear it with my doors off and stereo turned down. offroad, it's the best $200 i've ever spent. plan on adding one to the rear within the next month or so

stolz

Adventurer
Took the Jeep out on the Miller Jeep Trail near Hungry Valley. Two days on the trail was real nice.
explore.jpg

stolz

Adventurer
When I was out on the Miller Jeep Trail, I bumped into a rock a little bit hard and cracked my Radiator. So I installed a new one yesterday! :ylsmoke:

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

stolz

Adventurer
All done, broke the clip inside the trans cooling line so it took a bit longer than it should have. Runs about 10 degrees cooler as well.

unnamed.jpg

Bobs boot camping

in the 4x4 industry
I had an aussie locker in my 44 rear. Noisy as hell but never let me down. easy to install but some times you have to pull the carrier to get the ring gear off. I had a detroit in a d60 and it was fantastic. I have used ox and dont like them, i have used arb and had air line issues.

65BAJA

Da Nu Guy
Got away from the pressure bottle I see. Good job!. My first Cherokee was an '88. 5.5" RE lift and 35" tires. 8.8" Ford rear end with an ARB. Great rig. Fordyce, Rubicon, Johnson Valley. Had some good times in that rig.

stolz

Adventurer
Well still waiting for my rear tire carrier bumper to show up, but other news. Did my daily stroll into the deep and strange world of Craigslist and scored this bad boy for $500.

Jeep ARB Bull bar.jpg

stolz

Adventurer
Well the install took a little longer than I expected but it went well :)

Really stoked on how it looks.

Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 8.31.48 PM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater