1997 discovery xd

MaDMaX915

Observer
Hey I am new to land rovers and looking to make my first purchase. I have found a 1997 land rover discovery xd with 100k miles. it has a lift front rear bumpers roof rack and winch but having taking a look the vehicle is in remarkable shape and looks to have been never offroaded. what is this thing worth?

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Lift up the carpets in the passenger compartments and in the rear cargo area and see how much rust it has. It's value is inversely proportional to the amount of rust! Seriously though, the fact that it's an XD doesn't really add much to it's value, the added goodies also don't add much. Check out some other D1's in your area to compare it too.

LtFuzz

Explorer
Not much, probably to the owner's chagrin. People want to charge more for the XDs but you're just getting a different paint code.

If it's super clean probably $4k-$5k.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
100k is fairly low mileage for a '97, not exceptionally low, but good.
I wouldn't pay a premium because it's an XD, but if it really is in good shape, no-little rust, with a roof rack and ladder (if you want them) then 4k wouldn't be bad.

jgdisco2

Adventurer
Hey I am new to land rovers and looking to make my first purchase. I have found a 1997 land rover discovery xd with 100k miles. it has a lift front rear bumpers roof rack and winch but having taking a look the vehicle is in remarkable shape and looks to have been never offroaded. what is this thing worth?

where are you in NC?? and id agree with the others about the price, that low profile SD rack is worth a coin by itself:drool:

MaDMaX915

Observer
I am located about a hour south of Raleigh near Pinehurst. Unfortunately I am having a time trying to find a land rover like I want that I feel comfortable buying (this being my first one). This guy is in florence SC but I was alittle uneasy about the price and I guess based on what you guys say I was right to be. If anyone knows of a good place or a good rover for sale anywhere in NC or close by I would love to hear about it. 8k is somewhat of my limit unless I just get hooked on one I really like.

http://florencesc.craigslist.org/cto/2124813125.html

jgdisco2

Adventurer
I am located about a hour south of Raleigh near Pinehurst. Unfortunately I am having a time trying to find a land rover like I want that I feel comfortable buying (this being my first one). This guy is in florence SC but I was alittle uneasy about the price and I guess based on what you guys say I was right to be. If anyone knows of a good place or a good rover for sale anywhere in NC or close by I would love to hear about it. 8k is somewhat of my limit unless I just get hooked on one I really like.

http://florencesc.craigslist.org/cto/2124813125.html

thats wayyy to much for that truck! and being a golf pro im very familiar with pinehurst and that area, and your only an hr or so away from uwharrie! lucky you.

this is a friend of mines truck that he is looking to get rid of: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/2134893046.html

i know the truck and hes taken pretty good care of it and offroaded it only once, that price maybe alittle workable as well. im around 2 hrs east of you in goldsboro and that is where the truck is as well.

LtFuzz

Explorer
thats wayyy to much for that truck! and being a golf pro im very familiar with pinehurst and that area, and your only an hr or so away from uwharrie! lucky you.

this is a friend of mines truck that he is looking to get rid of: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/2134893046.html

i know the truck and hes taken pretty good care of it and offroaded it only once, that price maybe alittle workable as well. im around 2 hrs east of you in goldsboro and that is where the truck is as well.

Ask your buddy if he'll sell me the rack and lights?

To the OP, looks like a nice truck and XDs are sweet, but $10k is crazy. TJM bumpers are not popular for a reason.

MaDMaX915

Observer
I have been looking at that one as well was thinking about giving him a call tomorrow to talk to him about it

MaDMaX915

Observer
Is his rover very roadable? I am mainly looking for one for taking my son and wife camping so it needs to be dependable enough to make it to the mountains (2.5-3hrs) and to the beach which is about the same for me. I only need some basic off road ability.

jgdisco2

Adventurer
Is his rover very roadable? I am mainly looking for one for taking my son and wife camping so it needs to be dependable enough to make it to the mountains (2.5-3hrs) and to the beach which is about the same for me. I only need some basic off road ability.

i believe so, hes had alot of work done to it in the past year, i cant remember all the specifics though, as its been a while since ive talked to him about it.

Canito is1

I had an XD for just over 2 years. I throughly enjoyed it, yet hated the gas mileage, and eventually grew out of it. I bought it in 2004 for $8500 and sold it in 2006ish with 120k for $9000. Could I do it again for a profit? Doubtful, but there is one here in town that the lady has offered me first rights on. I wouldn't pay more than $4k for it though. The 'extra' armor on the XD's is nice, as-are the OEM supply of off road goodies.

Bottom line: No matter how much you love it, don't spend more than $5 grand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77