1998 4Runner 5-speed Overland Build

ColeT

Selling my 1998 4runner with 124k miles. It’s a 5-speed manual with the OEM locking rear diff. I’ve spent the last few years outfitting it as a "do all" overlander.
It’s spent one winter in NY and was garaged there entire time. I literally rode my motorcycle to avoid getting salt on this thing. Otherwise it’s spent most of its life in Kentucky and Colorado. I am the second owner.

Asking 13.5k obo

Located in Silverthorne, CO.

TONS of recent maintenance with OEM or better parts in the last 25k miles:
  • Entire front end rebuild... LBJ, UBJ tie rods, LCA, UCA and a new OEM steering rack.
  • OEM timing belt kit
  • OEM radiator
  • New starter/alternator
  • Plugs/wires
  • New Brakes
  • Oil Changes every 5k miles
  • Receipts for most things

Mods/upgrades:
  • Bilstien/OME 1.5” lift
  • Airbags in rear coils
  • BMW E90 sport seat upgrade. 14 way adjustable and heated
  • Lexus steering wheel
  • 64gb LTE iPad center console for mapping and music. (can remove if buyer prefers stock)
  • 32” General Grabbers
  • Cup holder mod
  • TJM front bumper with Smittybilt 9.5k winch with synthetic line
  • Nomad retrofits projector headlights
  • Shrockworks rear bumper with swing out
  • Shrockworks skid plates
  • 4x innovations Rock Sliders
  • Sherpa EC roof rack
  • Weather tech floor mats
  • Professionally wired under hood sub panel for accessories
  • Honda windshield washer nozzles
  • CB radio
  • Tacoma SS extended brake lines
  • Upgraded sound system with hidden subwoofer
  • Sub panel in trunk with switches for the fridge, camp light's, and a small inverter
Not so good things:
  • Surface rust... The frame is super solid. I've heavily looked over all of the known problem spots. Frame has been fluid filmed once per year. There are small amounts of surface rust on some welds and on the OEM spare tire carrier.
  • Paint has some minor scratches and small dents. Probably 7/10
  • BMW seats sit slightly higher than stock and are therefor uncomfortable for people over 6’2” (could be lowered with some minor fab work)
  • Rock sliders were painted with POR-15 and I didn't realize that it isn't UV resistant, so they could use a new coat of paint
  • Someone attempted to steal the Ipad once so the center stack shows signs of being ripped out. I can bring the center stack back to factory if you would prefer.
IMG_1298.jpg
IMG_1292.jpg
IMG_1295.jpg
IMG_1507.jpg
IMG_1508.jpg
IMG_1510.jpg
IMG_2680.JPG

Last edited:

Tride

Do not think he is still on this site. Reached out to him a couple of times as I was passing through Silverthorne a couple of times last week. Never heard anything from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach