1998 Ford E350 Chinook Premier Quigley 4x4 101k $69,500

rawtoxic

"The local pricing" in areas of heightened value like Aspen, Vail, Squaw Valley, Park City, Taos - international ski destinations and such. You will pay $3.50 for a snickers bar so usually I've noticed sellers from this areas have an inflated local value even though the item they are selling on a national scale. Comparable unit went on ebay for $45k so I don't know how this one is that special either. I do like the limited slip axle it also seems to sit nicer than the ebay one. You get a newer real Ford reman engine, new BFG's and some other good things so maybe $55k

rawtoxic

Also the they claim it's the Cadillac of RV's but the 'Premier' while it sounds good is actually the entry level line of Chinook. I believe the ebay unit was a concourse. Maybe the statement is for Chinook overall but the Premier is entry level budget Chinook trim package which was a $20k price difference when new. Cheaper windows, less cabinetry, cheapened kitchen.

eporter

Adventurer
I had a ‘99 Premier that came with the limited slip D70 axle. I think a lot of dually cutaway chassis had that axle. My premier was gutted, so the square windows were a plus to me for ease of rebuilding. The concourse has angled parallelogram windows that don’t actually open all that much.

86scotty

Cynic
I had a ‘99 Premier that came with the limited slip D70 axle. I think a lot of dually cutaway chassis had that axle. My premier was gutted, so the square windows were a plus to me for ease of rebuilding. The concourse has angled parallelogram windows that don’t actually open all that much.

I agree that the square windows are better on the Premier than the weird, irreplaceable yet unforgettable Concourse windows. The interior of the Premier is a letdown though compared to Concourse. Of course, they are all dated now.

Considering the late 90's V10 problems (potentially) I still think this is overpriced. I would value it at about what this RV would cost plus a 4wd conversion. I see no other upgrades, so maybe 25k plus 15-20 more for the Quigley conversion.

It's hard to believe #vanlife is nearly doubling the price of rigs lately but I guess I'm just complaining because I'm on the wrong side of the sale at the moment.

Last edited:

willywalderbeast

Master of None
I agree that the square windows are better on the Premier than the weird, irreplaceable yet unforgettable Concourse windows. The interior of the Premier is a letdown though compared to Concourse. Of course, they are all dated now.

Considering the late 90's V10 problems (potentially) I still think this is overpriced. I would value it at about what this RV would cost plus a 4wd conversion. I see no other upgrades, so maybe 25k plus 15-40 more for the Quigley conversion.

It's hard to believe #vanlife is nearly doubling the price of rigs lately but I guess I'm just complaining because I'm on the wrong side of the sale at the moment.

I wish I had a Premier when I started so I didn’t have to do some much fiberglass work when I replaced my windows. Premier in my opinion would be what I’d look for if I were to do another one. It would also have to be a side entry, so it would make it even harder to find now.

maybe it’s my time to cash out ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179