1998 Tacoma Camper/Build Thread - Pics!

Clawhammer

Adventurer
LED's look nice in the back. Reminds me, I gotta get around to doing that. When you're sleeping in the back, do you have much trouble with condensation?

It seems like, with an unlined shell like you and I both have, and with a sleeping platform, the condensation problem is worse than normal. Gets especially damp with two people. Just wondered if that had been your experience.

westranger29

Adventurer
LED's look nice in the back. Reminds me, I gotta get around to doing that. When you're sleeping in the back, do you have much trouble with condensation?

It seems like, with an unlined shell like you and I both have, and with a sleeping platform, the condensation problem is worse than normal. Gets especially damp with two people. Just wondered if that had been your experience.

Haha the problem sounds all to familiar...yeah I have the same experience. Not sure what to do about it, I usually just try to keep things open if it's warm enough or dry, neither of which it usually is here in the NW.

You got any ideas? I was wondering if they make something to help with that type of problem...like the opposite of a humidifier?

What ski resort were you camping at?! I camp at Stevens most weekends. Glue some Reflectix to the ceiling with 3M Super 90 spray glue and make some insolated black out curtains, it will help a ton to retain heat.

Loubaru

Adventurer
Your not kidding! I tried to book a couple sites for my birthday in August and everything but the crappy ones are already booked! Beautiful area though.

westranger29

Adventurer
What ski resort were you camping at?! I camp at Stevens most weekends. Glue some Reflectix to the ceiling with 3M Super 90 spray glue and make some insolated black out curtains, it will help a ton to retain heat.

Camped at Stevens, That's where I usually go also. Awesome info on the canopy insulation, I am definitely going to look at doing that. Does it seem to help with the condensation build up as well?

CabinFever

Observer
I've always thought a platform bed above storage in a highrise topper was about the best bang/buck setup one could have. Great Job!

Clawhammer

Adventurer
Haha the problem sounds all to familiar...yeah I have the same experience. Not sure what to do about it, I usually just try to keep things open if it's warm enough or dry, neither of which it usually is here in the NW.

You got any ideas? I was wondering if they make something to help with that type of problem...like the opposite of a humidifier?

If possible, I just try to sleep with my head toward the tailgate and the back hatch open. I've got some mosquito netting I hang over the opening. Obviously that's not an option all the time. I've heard of people gluing felt or similar inside the cap to absorb some moisture, or putting a small fan blowing out, but haven't tried either.

westranger29

Adventurer
Got out yesterday afternoon, weather has been amazing this week feels like summer already. Few truck shots and from a hike I did.

c21f844ae33a2116954ca28f12861f52.jpg

8f0ab7281e0ae96140e5b64e91aedaaf.jpg

eba53dc10e5813789cff418962f80331.jpg
d9563f9955bb8748e812a7ed33522f87.jpg

8443db9cddf40e0d7bd9b1a40bb2964e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westranger29

Adventurer
Nothing new on the truck, working on some other projects this weekend at my cabin, here's a few pics.

Leaving shortly to spend 2 weeks driving thru southern UT and CO hiking and camping, lots of pics and updates to come.

47197062bb01b308eed240521c8e9bb6.jpg

871ce9bb95de439a4a5f6f567506ed15.jpg

29c8432960b9722bf8c39528fba081b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camped at Stevens, That's where I usually go also. Awesome info on the canopy insulation, I am definitely going to look at doing that. Does it seem to help with the condensation build up as well?

Some what, I usually sleep with windows open/cracked and run a Buddy heater. When its above 30 I warn the area up crawl into bed then shut it off. Then when I first wake up turn the heat back on to warm up again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater