Expedition Leader
187751F5-673E-4B86-9934-EA8BB7B5E24D_zpsrrllma2b.jpg

0ACB8B42-FFB9-4FAE-9A1F-86D3F32F6352_zpsx94phdsr.jpg

9E5F05B2-31DE-4814-B159-93237BC15853_zpslfjpunen.jpg

80F95887-E381-45F7-B057-6C23B2991170_zpssglslvaz.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Love it... I'm gonna miss my 1st Gen when I get the Diesel 2nd gen built :( Are you running an LT kit on the front end??? Looks wider and like you;re getting some great travel out of it aye. That's a great looking 1st Gen.

Cheers

Dave

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Love it... I'm gonna miss my 1st Gen when I get the Diesel 2nd gen built :( Are you running an LT kit on the front end??? Looks wider and like you;re getting some great travel out of it aye. That's a great looking 1st Gen.

Cheers

Dave

Yea it's blazeland LT kit. Love it so far till I'm stuck behind a group of jeeps that can't go over 8mph on bumpy fire roads. I can easily do 40 lol

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
^^ HOLY GRAIL BATMAN!!!!!!! That is one special/rare 1st Gen right there. LOVE IT!!! :drool:

Yea it's blazeland LT kit. Love it so far till I'm stuck behind a group of jeeps that can't go over 8mph on bumpy fire roads. I can easily do 40 lol

Yep, I know what you mean... Great looking truck man. That Blazeland kit has proven to be a great design. i remember when he started designing it and I kinda though "That looks awesome... but we'll see" but I hear of more and more people running his kits and loving them plus the all important durability is there so... A simple and cost effective "homebrew" solution that proves to be well designed/durable is always cool in my book.

surfnz

^^ HOLY GRAIL BATMAN!!!!!!! That is one special/rare 1st Gen right there. LOVE IT!!! :drool:

Cheers. I have looked for one for 2 years. Pretty stoked on finding one. I have great plans for it. Already have new decals(USA sourced) and a white soft top and will fit some 31 inch all terrain bf goodwich on it. Paint will also need a bit of tidying up.

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
And my summer truck :)

he3yze2u.jpg

aqa5edeb.jpg

Aw ya bloody cheat!!!! HAHAHAHA :sombrero: . I didn't notice you were in NZ aye... that makes these trucks you've got slightly more "explainable" for a guy in the US starved of all things Toyota Diesel (but no less awesome). And the 85 is dam near a unicorn in my world (although sounds like it wasn't an easy find for you either showing just how special it is), and it'll look awesome with a set of 31" BFG's and a soft-top one her too (looking forward to seeing that). Those are some absolutely killer trucks mate, love'm both. Funny you mention sourcing decals from the US cause I'm sourcing Hilux decals from NZ and AU (I accidentally clicked on one item in Ebay and somehow bid on it... US$1.99 for a Hilux Badge, US$45.00 for shipping... At least it didn't show up broken aye). I'm still looking for a Good Turbo Diesel badge to run on the fenders, but I'm MUCH more careful about where I "point and click" since that. Bah

I'm interested that you don't have the roll-bar in the back of your "Summer truck"... Did you take it out or was it offered w/o one in NZ??? What engine's are in the trucks respectively??? Is the "Summer Truck" a Turbo petrol (22RET) or another Turbo Diesel??? Are they 2LT/2L-TE/II's etc.???

Thanks for sharing mate!!!

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

surfnz

The trucks that came to NZ were all jdm imported models from Japan and thus came with no rollbar. Badges are Hilux Surfs. They came to OZ as 4runners without rollbars. 2.4 turbo diesel. We never got the petrol turbos here. I sourced a turbo digital dash from the states which I will install at some stage.

jlandon

Get Dirty.
New tires. I think they are a bit... large. Though, my inner child thinks it looks sexy... so they stay.

(And the lady thinks they are obnoxious, so they'll never leave) :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407126157433.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407126157433.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 52

austintaco

Explorer
Big tires are great depending on what you are doing with the truck. Truck looks great. Have fun with it.

New tires. I think they are a bit... large. Though, my inner child thinks it looks sexy... so they sretay.

(And the lady thinks they are obnoxious, so they'll never leave) :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater