2" Budget Boost Question - WJ vs. TJ

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Does anyone know if a WJ 2" budget boost spacer lift will work on a TJ? I have a line on one, but i rather not tear the rig apart to find out the spacers won't fit properly.

Anyone know for sure?

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
Does anyone know if a WJ 2" budget boost spacer lift will work on a TJ? I have a line on one, but i rather not tear the rig apart to find out the spacers won't fit properly.

Anyone know for sure?

I can go check my WJ when the wife gets home this afternoon.

From memory, I believe they are too different and will not interchange. I remember the TJ features identical spacers for front and rear. They install by removing the bumpstop (or hammering over the bumpstop) at the top of the springs. The WJ spacers are different sizes front to rear. The front spacer goes on top of the spring, the rear goes on the bottom.

Forgive me if this is inaccurate. As I said this is from memory (first thing to go?) and it has been a while since I installed a TJ BB (about 6 years). I installed the WJ BB about a year and a half ago.

HTH

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yep, i just got a direct answer so i figured i'd post it up for anyone else that's wondering.

Two different diameter spacers. Will not work. Now that doesn't mean you can't modify the spacers to make it work..

thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz

Members online