20" LED Light Bar, Rigid Vs. Baja Designs.

Halligan

Adventurer
I'm considering adding a 20" LED light bar to my Ram 2500. Rigid offers a custom bracket that will mount between my tow hooks that will accept a 20" bar. Baja Designs has a 20" bar and it appears they're wiring harness has the ability to run the LED either off a switch or automatically when the high beams are turned on. I like the idea of the bar turning on with the high beams.

Any thoughts between Rigid and Baja Designs?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
BD all the way. Also look at vision X. They are the only two bars I would think about spending any amount of money on. Rigid is well over priced for what you get.

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
The Baja Designs Stealth is a great light.
U-Service technology it makes it very easy to change lens or optics. That is nice for if you decide to switch from Driving/Combo to Spot or Wide Driving.
As far as the wiring goes, you have the option to purchase a Base ($24.95) or Strobe/Mode Harness allowing you to dim and strobe the light ($74.95)
For tapping into the high-Beams, the base will be the best option, just install as you would normally. Have the Hi-Beam circuit be the trigger for the relay.

Last edited:

D45

Explorer
Trail Worthy Fab, save yourself a lot of money

Quality is fantastic for the price

I am running a Trail Worthy Fab 30" dual row

barlowrs

Explorer
Baja designs are without a doubt the brightest LED bars on the market....My two 3"x3" squadron pros I have on my Motorcycle blow my 50" Alienware lightbar I have on my truck out of the water. They are MUCH MUCH brighter than my buddies Rigid Dually he has on his bike (and squadrons and duallys are both 4 LEDs per pod)

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
agreed, both BD and vision x are MUCH MUCH brighter than any of the others. If you were buying rigid, might as well buy Chinese. They put out the same amount of light and have the same build quality.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I have a BD 30" stuffed inside my ARB bumper. At night its insane the amount of light it puts out. During the day you better be waring a welding helmet to look at it dead on.

Attachments

• DSC03224.JPG
    DSC03224.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC03225.JPG
    DSC03225.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC03226.JPG
    DSC03226.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 50

Halligan

Adventurer
I'm leaning towards the Baja Design right now. Rigid is out. I'll be sure to check out the Trail Worthy Fab though.

thethePete

Explorer
BD for sure. The colour temperature is also more pleasing to the eye for most since it's closer to natural light.

In my experience, as much light as the "off-brand" bars put out, it pales in comparison to the quality bars.

MIhunter

I have 2 BD squadrons and (1) 10" BD bar on my Duramax 3500. They blow Rigid out of the water. They are also a white light and not purple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal