200 Series with ARB Bumpers

Moody

Needs to get out more
I dig it. I wouldn't be opposed to one if it was an option on a teacher's salary...

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
Trinny said:
Now that is downright sexy! I think I have a new pursuit...if I can just remember where I put that hundred grand.

You're not far off! :REOutArchery02:

My 2001 was $61K and I ended up with $76K in it.

The 2008 I'm looking at is almost $78K with tax and license. Add in the same upgrades...$15K and you're at $93K!

Brian894x4

Explorer
Wow! Very nice looking. The bumpers and outfitting completely change my opinion on its looks. I'm impressed.

The tires don't look like they have much clearance though. I wonder if they rub. What's up with the snorkle? Is that as funky a design as it looks?

Otherwise, nice job to whoever built it.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Clark White said:
Why does the TJM just have a notch for a chain instead of shackles, or at least a place to put shackles?
That 'T' is actually where the saddle of your Hi-Lift slides in. Take a look sometime at the shape of the saddle and it looks like it would fit right in there. I'd imagine the recovery points on TJM bumpers are like ARB, you are supposed to reuse the factory ones. My ARB bumper has a place to remount my factory tow hooks and that's the official recovery point. But some people use shackles in the holes. Those are technically attachments so that you can double the winch line and not really a place to hang a shackle. Mine are bent because of that...

View attachment 11644

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Overall I like it too. I don't care for the work it will aparently take to swap bumpers, nor the seemingly steep raked windshield, and lastly the way the rear end curves out. Other then that I think its pretty slick. It is clean and doesn't try to look all retro, or fake tough like some other vehicles on the market. I have a feeling I'll grow to like the styling like I did with the 100.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I wasn't wild about the stock pictures that I have seen. But, this looks really good IMOP. The wheels are a little much for me...

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
DaveInDenver said:
That 'T' is actually where the saddle of your Hi-Lift slides in. Take a look sometime at the shape of the saddle and it looks like it would fit right in there. I'd imagine the recovery points on TJM bumpers are like ARB, you are supposed to reuse the factory ones. My ARB bumper has a place to remount my factory tow hooks and that's the official recovery point. But some people use shackles in the holes. Those are technically attachments so that you can double the winch line and not really a place to hang a shackle. Mine are bent because of that...

View attachment 11644

Aren't there hickey do's that can be purchased to use a Hi-Lift with an ARB?

haven

Expedition Leader
curvy corporate shape

I stood right next to this truck at SEMA and thought,
"Why'd they spend this much money outfitting a
Highlander?"

It will take a while to get used to the new curvy
Land Cruiser shape.

Chip Haven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members