2000 Suburban K1500 budget low lift with 37"s

bbigjohn

VIDEO: Suburban in a 26ft rental truck, off-load

I have been very busy last few weeks moving my whole family and all our junk across the country and unfortunately financially it came out to be a better decision to load my trusty ole Sub into a moving truck along with 4,000lbs of stuff and a full trailer and move it 3,000 miles than to drive everything separately.

8JxDTqG.jpg

I did have to take the ski box off to fit the Sub into the box truck.

9sUsAxL.jpg

This is what 25,600lbs looks like which is just within my Class C non CDL limit.

I used a loading dock to drive the truck into the box but did not have one available in my new yard, so couple cinder blocks, canoe straps and 2x4s, the Sub came out like a champ.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!
That is excellent. Great job.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Explorerinil

Observer
dirtdobberoffroad,

I moved to Portland Maine, it's quite a change indeed.

I am unpacking everything and settling in, many more adventures to come.

Pleas let me know your opinion on Maine, my wife and I want out of Illinois and have narrowed our choices down to Maine, Colorado, Wisconsin and possibly Montana.

Overlandtowater

Drei I always wanted to visit Maine they say there is some country up there that is awesome and about as remote as anywhere else...Hope you enjoy! Cant wait for some video in the pines.

Reactions: WVI

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Drei I always wanted to visit Maine they say there is some country up there that is awesome and about as remote as anywhere else...Hope you enjoy! Cant wait for some video in the pines.

dirtdobberoffroad,

Oh, it's quite remote out here, that I can not deny. If I want to get any more remote I would have to go up to Northern Canada or Alaska. The town I live in was founded in 1792, by 1810 the population exploded to a whopping 1,200 residents and has steadily been growing to 3,400 as of the last census. I will find some trails in the near future, if not I will get a couple pictures of exploring my back yard.

Explorerinil

Observer
dirtdobberoffroad,

Oh, it's quite remote out here, that I can not deny. If I want to get any more remote I would have to go up to Northern Canada or Alaska. The town I live in was founded in 1792, by 1810 the population exploded to a whopping 1,200 residents and has steadily been growing to 3,400 as of the last census. I will find some trails in the near future, if not I will get a couple pictures of exploring my back yard.

From what I have read there are plenty of fire roads and remote lakes, I think you’ll find some cool places soon.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Huh. I'm gonna have to try that trick when I get around to moving to TX! Looks / sounds like somewhere in the Cotton Belt?

/I'm still a naysayer, I see those wrinkles in your fenders ;)

Rayra,

I'm in Maine, a little past the cotton belt. Wrinkles only go where smiles have been. You have been one of my main inspirations behind the truck and adventures, I'll let you be a credible naysayer, only because you are one of the few that has been there and done that.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Maine??.... now that's a change in scenery! Interesting how life brings about these kinds of changes isn't it! Have fun and show us some pics of your new adventures when you get them! BTW, you might ought to look into some rustproofing for your rides, I think I hear them rusting already!?

06Burb

Huh. I'm gonna have to try that trick when I get around to moving to TX! Looks / sounds like somewhere in the Cotton Belt?

/I'm still a naysayer, I see those wrinkles in your fenders ;)
Rayra, I’ll welcome you when you make that move to Texas!

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
Thx. Gonna be a few years still, but we hope to 'Escape from L.A.' in about 2yrs and make an interim stop in Vegas for a while.

Maine, wow, never noticed that much bug noise, except when I was in Pascagoula. LIved in Newport RI in the middle 70s, New England for the Bicentennial was amazing. Drei with your kids and penchant for road trips you're going to have an amazing time hitting the Revolutionary and Civil War battlefield sites. SO much to see in the northeast. So much history.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Thx. Gonna be a few years still, but we hope to 'Escape from L.A.' in about 2yrs and make an interim stop in Vegas for a while.

Maine, wow, never noticed that much bug noise, except when I was in Pascagoula. LIved in Newport RI in the middle 70s, New England for the Bicentennial was amazing. Drei with your kids and penchant for road trips you're going to have an amazing time hitting the Revolutionary and Civil War battlefield sites. SO much to see in the northeast. So much history.

Rayra,

I have been trying to get out of Vegas for 8 years now and finally made it. The bug noise is so soothing to fall asleep. And the sound of rain of a tin roof is even better.

There is so much history out here, I can not wait to start exploring with my kiddos. Can not do the same caliber off-road trails that I found in the Southwest but some of the paved roads here are in worse shape than Death Valley off-road trails.

kSs4bRU.jpg

Speaking of history, found this little cemetery in my back yard.

5Mmhevh.jpg

Died 1846.

gVdTCtD.jpg

Died Sept 26, 1847. Walter Hagens

There were a couple more that just did not come out well photographed, one of which the person died in 1811 and born before the revolutionary war.

XJLI

Adventurer
Welcome to the northeast!

Soon you will experience.... TREES. Full sizes are tough to navigate a lot of the roads here. Looking forward to seeing your adventures here.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Maine??.... now that's a change in scenery! Interesting how life brings about these kinds of changes isn't it! Have fun and show us some pics of your new adventures when you get them! BTW, you might ought to look into some rustproofing for your rides, I think I hear them rusting already!?

NevadaLover,

Yeah, not looking forward to the rust out here and rust proofing will be a fun challenge. I lived on the east coast before and battling the rust is a nightmare compared to the cozy southwest weather I spent the last decade in.

We have been looking for an excuse to get out of Vegas and this was our best opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsgreg