• 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT 4X4

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • 2001 Land Rover Discovery SE 4X4

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
1. Far too many variables in an accident like that to blame the truck.

2. More damage absorbed by the truck, less transmitted to the passengers.

I agree with the too many variables assessment, but my point was that the Tahoe did not protect its passengers as it was supposed to, and my fiancee was killed, and I was seriously injured.

Abel Villesca

Explorer
I've had both and like both of them for different reasons. The Tahoe IMO makes a nicer daily driver .... because you are less likely to mod the heck out of it than the Disco. The 2004 Tahoe I owned had great road manners, was very comfortable on long trips and had lots of cargo space plus a removable third row seat. It was a great cargo and people mover. The off road capabilities of the Disco, however, left the Tahoe in the dust even with as simple a mod as a mild lift and 33" tires. The only Tahoe maintenance problem I had was with the electronically engaged transfer case that would occasionally flash the "service 4WD" light and act unreliably when shifting in and out of 4WD.

D

Deleted member 9101

I agree with the too many variables assessment, but my point was that the Tahoe did not protect its passengers as it was supposed to, and my fiancee was killed, and I was seriously injured.

Man, I am so sorry to hear that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater