2003 Ford E350 UJOR 4x4 Extended Body on 35"s

• Thread starter Deleted member 1276
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1276

SOLD!

2003 Ford E-350, Ford white, extended body, 6.8L gas V10 engine, 4R100 transmission, NV271 transfer case. 4.10 gears, U-Joint Off Road 4x4 conversion with extras, and a hightop. All on 35" Toyo M/T tires ~137K miles on vehicle.

Located in Golden, CO

I posted this for sale in the fall, got some interest, had second thoughts... you know how it goes with vehicles you really like. Finally have come to terms with having to sell this, sadly, and am more motivated to move onto the next thing. I had planned on keeping this thing forever, but life and family changes are evolving what I need from a vehicle like this, so it's time!

The van as of this morning:
IMG_9478.JPG

Condition/Issues
Van is in great condition. Has some evidence of being used for adventures, but really pretty darn clean. Windshield has a running crack (replacement completed 4/18).

Here is the Craigslist link and the content pasted below:
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/4xford-e350-van-on-35s/6561061376.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This van started as a clean, used, empty cargo van. I picked it up from a local fleet dealer and evolved the 4x4 swap and interior a couple of times. Initially, I completed the 4x4 swap with a U-Joint Off Road kit myself on a 4" leaf setup. Eventually wanting more, I visited U-Joint Off Road and had them go through it all and set it up with 6" leaf springs, 35" M/T tires, Procomp wheels, Bilstein reservoir (5160) shocks on all corners (dual shocks on each front corner!), and a great hybrid over-spring steering setup. Couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger on some other upgrades at the same time: front/rear aluminum bumpers, new - giant aluminum fuel tank, dual air compressors, high top, etc...

Details:
-2003 Ford E350 Superduty Van
-V10 6.8L motor
-4R100 transmission
-Factory options are slim - I looked for a van like this: No power locks, no power windows. No cruise control, though the steering wheel has the buttons. Stock radio replaced with cheap but decent unit.
-2000 Superduty F350 Dana 50 front axle. Converted to manual WARN hubs at this time along with 4.10 gearing
-NV271 reman transfer case
-Fumoto oil valve on oil pan. Love that silly little thing.
-4.10 gears front and rear (regeared front to match during initial 4x4 swap phase)
-U-Joint Off Road 6" lift kit and 4x4 swap parts (leaf and shock mounts, steering parts, etc)
-Atlas springs front and rear from U-Joint
-Procomp 17" wheels
-Toyo M/T E-rated 35" tires (35"X12.5") 1/2 tread life remaining.
-Bilstein 5160s shocks (6! - two at each front corner, one each rear corner)
-U-Joint Off Road custom fuel tank (38 gal)
-U-Joint Off Road custom front winch bumper (no winch - never mounted)
-Custom exhaust with cat
-Aluminess rear dual swingout bumper. Full 35" spare on one side, giant box w/shelves on other swingout
-Rigid 4x LED running lights mounted to front bumper
-Rigid slim backup lights mounted to rear bumper
-ARB twin compressor mounted to frame rail with tank. Air fittings plumbed to front and rear bumpers for tools and airing up/down, relayed and switched inside.
-Aero 24" high top
-Swivel front passenger seat
-Ultragauge on dash provides speedo correction and other great info.
-Basic full cabinet set interior with switched lights and house battery (isolated from vehicle, charged with manual charger)
-Powered Fantastic Fan (manual raise model, no remote)
-Powered USB lights, volt meter etc.
-Well insulated
-Bed setup above cabinets can be removed. Includes queen size mattress with very little use.
-Sink setup for gravity feed from water jug, drains to 3 or 5 gal bucket under sink cabinet.
-Many shelves and tons of room for storage
-Nice interior with 3/4" solid core baltic birch ply. Interior was built around having cabinets on both sides, a bed above with a rear/central area for a TON of gear in the middle and or mountain bikes mounted to fork-ups.

Drives great for a big lifted van! Really just doesn't get driven anymore like it should, so it is time to move it along!

Last edited by a moderator:

hradke

What kind of fuel economy do you get with the V10? How tall it is at its highest point? Do you have any experience winter camping with it? You say that it its well insulated but would an auxiliary heater still be needed for staying comfortable in a ski parking lot?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 1276

What kind of fuel economy do you get with the V10? How tall it is at its highest point? Do you have any experience winter camping with it? You say that it its well insulated but would an auxiliary heater still be needed for staying comfortable in a ski parking lot?

Thanks!

12-13 MPG

A little over 6'1" at highest point.

Lots of experience winter camping in this vehicle and others. It's a van and still cold with no heat source though the insulation helps keep it warmer longer. There is no heater installed, though I do have a Propex heater I could negotiate on that could be worked into the interior by the next owner.

Winter ski lot and desert camping are chilly but down bags and comforter keep it toasty. Small buddy heater with windows open has been used a few times with good success. More often than not we warmed up with big fires outside and crawled into the bag in the van. Always planned to install this Propex heater into the van but never got around to it.

hradke

12-13 MPG

A little over 6'1" at highest point.

Lots of experience winter camping in this vehicle and others. It's a van and still cold with no heat source though the insulation helps keep it warmer longer. There is no heater installed, though I do have a Propex heater I could negotiate on that could be worked into the interior by the next owner.

Winter ski lot and desert camping are chilly but down bags and comforter keep it toasty. Small buddy heater with windows open has been used a few times with good success. More often than not we warmed up with big fires outside and crawled into the bag in the van. Always planned to install this Propex heater into the van but never got around to it.

Thanks for the info! As for the height I should have been more specific. How tall is the exterior height. My garage door is only 8' tall and the paddleboards I race are 14' so id assume they would need to go on the roof... From the photos I feel like this thing is nearly 10' tall?

D

Deleted member 1276

Yes, hah, that's my bad! Overall height is less than 10'... but not much! I have an 11' door in the garage where this spends most of its days.

It's in the high 9' range. I just threw a tape up with a ladder by myself. Probably need another set of hands to get a perfect measurement. Tough measurement because the roof vent is the highest point and it's in the middle of the van. I'd say 9'10"ish at highest. Definitely will not fit through an 8' door :)

Good question and good info for me to have for people. Almost one basketball hoop unit in height!

hradke

Yes, hah, that's my bad! Overall height is less than 10'... but not much! I have an 11' door in the garage where this spends most of its days.

It's in the high 9' range. I just threw a tape up with a ladder by myself. Probably need another set of hands to get a perfect measurement. Tough measurement because the roof vent is the highest point and it's in the middle of the van. I'd say 9'10"ish at highest. Definitely will not fit through an 8' door :)

Good question and good info for me to have for people. Almost one basketball hoop unit in height!

Thanks! I figured it would be loads too tall. 12mpg is honestly better than I thought it would get.

Unfortunately now I not only need to convince myself that this is a good replacement for my Tacoma but also that my garage needs a 10' door added...

D

Deleted member 1276

Unfortunately now I not only need to convince myself that this is a good replacement for my Tacoma but also that my garage needs a 10' door added...

Double whammy! Good luck! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3