2003 GMC Sierra "Overlander" Build

This truck is pretty awesome! I just bought an 02 2500HD and was looking at that exact wheel and tire combo a couple weeks ago.. I like your idea with the backseats, keep up the good work!

poriggity

Explorer
Great build so far brother. I wish I had the budget and time to build my truck the way I want.. Until then, It'll have to remain mostly stock. Really enjoying the build so far!
Scott

BorntoVenture

Adventurer
Nothing ready to post yet, the triple digit temps with daily showers have put most of my work on hold for now, I'll be back in full swing again this coming fall. I have made several changes to the original on-board air setup and the second "house" battery, I may be finished and ready to post those soon.

docb14

So glad you posted a pic of that ARB bumper on your truck. I wanted that same bumper for my 04 silverado z71 1/2 ton. Went with warn transformer with the multi mount front hitch. I am glad I did as I love the way the ARB bumper looks but it does not seem to fit the half ton trucks too well. If I had a 3/4 ton truck, it would have the arb. Your truck will definatley be protected in a front end impact!

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
Nice looking rig! I've got an 03 duramax I'm building up.....The reason the ARB bumper sticks up higher is because (as stated) it was designed for the 2300hd and 3500hd.....These trucks have about a 1-1/2" body lift on them to fit the diesel and allison tranny under the body. You should be able to make some shorter brackets and drop the bumper a little bit! Look forward to seeing more of your build!

tip

Adventurer
Nice truck and great build thread so far.

I'm curious, how is that MV50 compressor working out for you?

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
These trucks have about a 1-1/2" body lift on them to fit the diesel and allison tranny under the body.

No, the GMT800 and 900 HD trucks do not have a body lift. That internet rumor has been going on too long. The HD frames are just that much taller than their half ton little siblings by a long shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven