2004 Chevy Suburban

Snowman68

Well hello everyone, first off, let me start by saying i'm new to the forum.. this is infact my first thread although i've been reading for a couple of weeks now..

This is my shot at showing you guys what i'm working on... and i have to start off by saying that I've had lots of inspiration from many of you.. but John (02TahoeMD) has been my favorite read for the past couple of weeks... i think we are pretty much distant brothers as far as what kind of truck we love...

Here's a pic of my rig at the moment.. as well as a short list of current modifications...

015_13A.jpg

6" RCD lift kit with Bilstein Shocks
35" Procomp Xtreme AT tires
Safari Cargo Carrier
2 x Door Mount Magnalight Spotlights (Police Spotlights)
Scan Gauge II
PN30 GPS
XM Radio
Cobra CB + K40 Antenna

Thanks to you guys on here for setting me on the trail for that Scan Gauge II.. its a wonderful tool..

Other stuff on my wish list...

ARB bumpers with winch

Thanks for John (02TahoeMD) for the inspirational build on his rig... i'm looking at the dual battery setup.. and compressor install... great stuff !!

Here's one more pic of a great view on my last trip to Gouin Reservoir in Northern Quebec... Hope you like it... and I'll try and post more as i get more detailed pics of my build...

004_2A.jpg

Last edited:

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Nice rig there Rick! Always good to see another NBS Chevy here on the site. I have been thinking of adding an A-pillar spotlite myself... love what you have done to your Sub.

Glad to be of any help I can. Great job, looking forward to what you do with it.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Sweet 'burb! What do you think of your x-allterains? I am about to buy a set for my one ton.

biglos454

Adventurer
very nice burban! im a huge chevy fan and i drive a nbs sierra myself. ive also been thinking about those A pillar spotlights. how hard were they to install? and where did you get the lights?

Snowman68

Hey guys, thanks for all the good comments !!

to answer some of your questions, first off, i'm from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.. and for those of you who know you're geography a little, we have some great wilderness up in the northern part of the province, which is where i've been doing most of my off-roading and exploring :)

As far as it goes for the tires, the Xtremes are doing well as far as for what I use them for.. which is light to moderate off-roading.. i haven't done any of the extreme stuff yet.. but they handle really well off road, and have a good wear index as far as street use.

For the A-pillar lights, they were an easy install, the kit came with a drilling jig for the door which made the install a piece of cake. You basically apply a paper pattern to the door for the initial screw wholes for the jig, using a punch to help you stay on track as far as those initial holes, and once the jig is in place.. just drill away... you can't go wrong. The longest part of the install was actually the wiring. I got those lights from www.magnalight.com directly for $179 a piece... they had them in stock and i had them in a day or so...

I'll try and put up some extra pics of the lights and stuff in a day or so.. Its been a little hectic at work lately, so i haven't been able to work on the rig in the past couple of days !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk