2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 Front/Rear Bumper option

gwscot2

Hey all,

New to the forum and have a questions that a few of you that might have already ran into. On my 2004 Tahoe Z71 both my front and rear bumpers have been bitten buy the rust bug and instead of buying a factory style bumper I have decided to replace them with something a bit more rugged. I prefer not to have a full grille guard in the front, rather have a smaller bull bar if possible.

Having looked on the internet haven't found many options, anybody have any recommendations for me?

Thanks

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Ranch Hand is all I know off the top of my head but they have the full brush guard. They also make IMO a much better looking one for the Avalanche and Silverado that only has the small center guard and is much better looking. I wonder if it could be adapted, seems to me it shouldn't be that difficult but I don't know the differences in the frame horns for the Avalanche vs the Suburban/Tahoe.

gwscot2

Ranch Hand is all I know off the top of my head but they have the full brush guard. They also make IMO a much better looking one for the Avalanche and Silverado that only has the small center guard and is much better looking. I wonder if it could be adapted, seems to me it shouldn't be that difficult but I don't know the differences in the frame horns for the Avalanche vs the Suburban/Tahoe.

Yeah, I spoke with someone from Ranch Hand this morning and they basically said I have limited options and my options only consist of bumpers with a full grill guard. The search continues

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Go Custom! Find a local shop. You'll end up paying more for it but you can customize it exactly the way you want. If you get front/rear bumpers and sliders you will prob same some money.

PGW

Observer
There is also Buckstop and Trailready. I have a 2003 Yukon XL and I will be building my own. I just don't quite like the looks of anything on the market, everything is too big and expensive.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
series 100 land cruiser arb modified to fit the burb/tahoe. BEST LOOKING setup. look it up.

Dang that does look good. I just did a quick google image search. I wonder how much work it is to adapt?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Here is the modified series 100 bumper on a expo members tahoe...I still have to source one for my burb..\

TripWest2009230-1.jpg

cthonia

I have a trailready prerunner bumper on my 03 Yukon. looks good, but is very heavy (I had to install a levelling kit to get it to ride properly and stop sitting on the bump stops all the time). they seem to have a good selection of bumpers for this era of gm vehicle.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Those Buckstop and Trailready bumpers look awful to me. WAY to big and bulky, they completely unbalance the look of the truck. I can only imagine what they weigh!

The ARB has a much more balanced look - almost like it was made for the truck.

kojackJKU

My thoughts too. I have to cut mine up to fit the plow, but well worth it to have that nice bumper on the front. Just looking at tahoes pic, I am going to loose the winch in order to fit my plow bracket. Thats really ok as I never had a need for a winch anyways.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Aries makes a bull bar, but it seems to just destroy your front approach angle.

I'm liking their brush guard though, over the Ranch Hand unit. It seems to fit closer to teh vehicle. I'm planning to modify one, adding a 3" mandrel-bent pipe along the front top edge of the bumper, which I'll turn into an air tank. And adding a front receiver hitch.
Boll_rig / Pop-Up Suburban has one.

4043_1024x768_vb.jpg

The Ranch Hands versions seem like a cattle grate, they're so oversized and protruding. Not a bad thing if your concern is cows, moose, elk. I just have to worry about Wile E. Coyote and stray shrubbery.

kojackJKU

I was wondering about those too. I really hate the fact that my lower trim was butchered to install the plow bracket. I was just looking at that rig up there, Who makes the lower valance that fits the 500s? That would be awesome. 2 500 fogs down there and 2 HID 500s on the aries bar...easier to find at this point.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
I was wondering about those too. I really hate the fact that my lower trim was butchered to install the plow bracket. I was just looking at that rig up there, Who makes the lower valance that fits the 500s? That would be awesome. 2 500 fogs down there and 2 HID 500s on the aries bar...easier to find at this point.

That is the long ago discontinued PIAA Lower Valence, made for the Z71 GM truck package for 2000 to 2006 trucks. Guess you would need to haunt GM centric forums and eBay to find a used one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater