2005 F-450 4x4 Utility Body w/ Starcraft Pine Mountain Lonestar Pop-top Camper

gohuge

Observer
Stopped in a Line-X for a quote to spray the cab rocker panels and full sides of the service body. $2500 for black, $3000+/- for color matched to the light grey leather interior.

INSANE!!!. That's not happening.
You should do it yourself. I did my entire Excursion and even tinted it to
King Ranch Amazon Brown. Product is called Raptor Liner. 60 grit for prep,
prime any bare metal, and spray. I get compliments all the time. You can do it.
Entire Ex was $600. See my build thread...which needs updating..lol.

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
Yep. Raptor liner, Upol, Al's Liner all more reasonable DIY spray on liners.

I did Al's Liner. It's $99/gallon, tintable to custom colors, it's a true three part polyurethane not rubbery paint.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Thanks for the information.

We'll see how this plays out next Spring. I am talking to a local graphics company about a wrap.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Finishing touches on the spare tire relocate today. Decided to find a nice tire cover rather than spend $300+ for a matching Alcoa rim, that will be covered by the Trasharoo most of the time anyway.
709cba38173e2ab4ff05d966ba94a0f7.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Don't know how is missed this, awesome and local!

I think you got a Killer deal on that set up.

TeamWild

Observer
Had some time to breathe and investigate functions more, after the August trip. Learned that the 2 VisionX driving lights, under the front bumper, actually do work. They are wired to the factory fog light pull switch, located in the headlights switch. I was not aware the truck was equipped with that option. Hahaha, those would have come in handy during a 3500 mile roadtrip. Oh well, live and learn.
View attachment 303539

Could you move your lights up from the bottom of the bumper into the holes right above them? Looks like they were made for them. Anyways nice truck. My wife and I keep trying to come up with a good vehicle for when the kids leave the nest. This would be high on my list. Enjoy!

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Your lockable storage options with the service body are great. Man makes me wonder why we dont see more of this. Gear storage is always an issue with the camper set ups. Its been fun watching your ideas take shape.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Could you move your lights up from the bottom of the bumper into the holes right above them? Looks like they were made for them. Anyways nice truck. My wife and I keep trying to come up with a good vehicle for when the kids leave the nest. This would be high on my list. Enjoy!
The holes in the bumper are HiLift lifting pockets. I am looking to move the smaller lights but haven't made a location decision.

This setup was a similar plan for my wife and me. Son is heading to college next year; will just be the 2 of us exploring soon.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Your lockable storage options with the service body are great. Man makes me wonder why we dont see more of this. Gear storage is always an issue with the camper set ups. Its been fun watching your ideas take shape.
The storage of a service body can't be beat. I am really happy with it. I am working on getting each storage area as organized, easy to unloaded/reload and functional as possible.

justbecause

perpetually lost
When I think about the camper I want to build, this is very very close to what i have in mind.

service body or a flat bed are the only two options on the table for me.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
I wondered what happened to you. Not seen you on any Jeep fourms for awhile. Great looking rig you have now.
Thanks

Sold the JK about 3 years ago. It had run its course, and I couldn't pass up the big check. $$$.... Got really lucky to find the current rig, especially for the price. It was built almost exactly how I would have done it. More time using it, less time building it. ;)

Only change I am considering is dumping the satellite system and adding solar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk